What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - Bill Payer
Many new cars used to have an annual upgrade/refresh (maybe improved seat trim, new wheels etc etc) around this time of year, although that seems to have dropped off now.
I'm looking at Accord, but it's got a couple on annoying ommissions in its spec. I asked a dealer but he told me Honda keep these things very quiet (which I can understand) and often the first they know is when upgraded cars turn up.

Does anyone know if Honda Accord is about to get any kind upgrade soon?
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - Dogbreath2
I don't but interested in the spec omissions you mention. I thought the spec looked pretty good. What do you see as missing?
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - Altea Ego
Think you are a bit optomistic thinking there are annual upgrades or facelifts, specially on Jap cars.
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - Andy P
The current model has only been out for just over 18 months, so there's unlikely to be a facelift/upgrade for at least another 12 moonths.

I'd also like to know what's missing - my Type-S has all the gadgets I need.

Andy
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - Robbie
My Executive has all of the goodies except Sat-Nav, which I thought was a tad over-priced at £1500.
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - Malcolm_L
All the goodies? What about a trip computer? I found this a very strange omission for this class of car.

Also, internal alarm sensor disable function which is useful if you've got a dog in the car, my humble Passat S had both the above.

I would have preferred the sunroof to be an option as I certainly wouldn't have paid for it given the choice.

Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - Robbie
Also, internal alarm sensor disable function which is useful if you've
got a dog in the car, my humble Passat S had
both the above.

You have one. When leaving the car you lock it using the internal door lock on the driver's door.
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - Malcolm_L
Doh! Clearly a case of RTFM - thanks Robbie

I wasn't expecting a facelift, but manufacturers used to make minor tweaks every year - often adding things as standard that used to be extra.

I thought there were a couple of ommissions from the diesel Accord Exec I looked at:
No seat position memory. The fact that it's got '8 way' elec seats sounds good until you get into it after your missus has moved everything and you can't get it back to where it was. On my current 406 it's bliss to just press the button as you get in and fall into a perfectly positioned seat.
Xenon headlights not even an option (yet they're standard on the 2.4VTEC).
No auto lights (yet it's got auto wipers). I suppose you get used to it but the always illuminated dash confused the issue.
I thought the passenger seat should have had height adjustment.
No trip computer for MPG / miles to empty etc.

OTOH, the sunroof is un-necessary these days (it could be an option for those who really want one).

The sat nav looked *fab* but it didn't list several addresses I tried (ie Bristol Parkway station) and it doesn't support TMC.

Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - Dogbreath2
I don't think I would miss any of the gadgets listed. Best to keep the wife to her own car.

The extras are nice to have but make the car complicated and are there to go wrong. Honda seem to try and keep it simple which is a good idea given the muddle the euro cars seem to get into over electrics etc.
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - nortones2
I'd find the lack of a trip computer annoying, especially on the new diesel, but not sure I'd want to be reminded of petrol consumption! As my wifes humble Yaris has a trip giving current fuel consumption and miles to next refill etc, can't understand why Honda have missed this trick.
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - Happy Blue!
The best trip computer gives you: -

Instant MPG
Average MPG
Average MPH
Miles till empty (range)

with possibly two memories for long term data and a specific trip.

In rencent experience Hyundai gives you no MPG at all, just range, cumulative time of trip and outside temp

Galaxy - all the above except range and two memories

Volvo - all the above and just one memory.

Bets was BMW froma few years ago which all the above and two memories plus a speed alarm.

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - JohnPug
I don't need a fancy trip computer, I just look at an old fashioned fuel gauge. When the orange light comes on, it's time to refuel.
I missed one other gadget/goodie out - electrically folding mirrors. They're amother one of those things that some people probably never use but are 'essential' in certain environments.
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - IanJohnson
I missed one other gadget/goodie out - electrically folding mirrors.
They're amother one of those things that some people probably never
use but are 'essential' in certain environments.

More likely to be that most people never use them and that is why they are not fitted.

Have never had an accurate trip computer and when it says 20 miles to empty is not the time to find out it is innaccurate.

After 21k miles a diesel tourer (exec) I dont miss any of the things mentioned here, the orange light is very accurate (it comes on with 10 litres, or 100 miles, left) and I calculate MPG full to full using the pump and odometer readings (by the way it does have two resettable trip counters - one used for miles per tank and one for business trip miles) and the dash lights can be turned off!

Correction - there is one thing I miss, a shuffle button on the CD player, its so boring getting the tracks in the same order every time.

Ian
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - Hull4000
Glaring omission on diesel Accord - no option for automatic transmission!!!
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - ro
Absolutely. There's one inch clearance either side getting my car in the garage where it's narrowest at the door. Line up badly and it's a case of pressing the button at the last minute.
It's the most useful of all the gimmicks for me. As mine is a standard sized garage door and mid-sized car I'm probably not alone, though as you imply it's probably a minority sport.
Not sure why that post appeared out of order - probably because my session timed out. Anyway, it was intended to be on the end of the folding mirrors sub-thread, where it made slightly more sense.

Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - No Do$h
Not sure why that post appeared out of order - probably
because my session timed out. Anyway, it was intended to be
on the end of the folding mirrors sub-thread, where it made
slightly more sense.

If you look in threaded view you will see why. Ian replied to Vista's original mirror remark, so your comment would appear after his. However in this instance Hull then replied to Ian. As a result your note appears after Hull's. Standard Forum protocol I'm afraid.

No Do$h - Backroom Moderator
mailto:moderators@honestjohn.co.uk
Ah right, thanks.
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - SjB {P}
> The best trip computer gives you: -
> Instant MPG
> Average MPG
> Average MPH
> Miles till empty (range)

Other than casual interest - trying to stay above a given consumption threshold when I'm bored on a long run, and front seat passenger commenting that 11MPG flat out on the autobahn improved to 18MPG down a steep hill with no speed increase because of the 139 MPH (tyre rating determined) software speed limiter - I have failed to see the point of the Instantaneous MPG readout on my V70 2.4T.
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - mike100
If it does get an upgrade, I hope they put a proper spare wheel instead of that useless aerosol and air pump. Ruined (well almost) our Spanish holiday trying to get el Kweek Feeto to find a replacement tyre.
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - Arty
Try to get a hold of the American Accord version.
Honda Accord - 2005 model upgrade? - IanJohnson
If it does get an upgrade, I hope they put a
proper spare wheel instead of that useless aerosol and air pump.

I also have the optional space saver spare, not as good as a real one but means you don't have the panic of finding one. Still leaves space for a layer of wine bottles under the boot floor!

Ian