What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta TSB on cd? - Mark_S
Anyone know where I can get a copy of this?

cheers
Ford Fiesta TSB on cd? - Galaxy
Lots of copies to be found on Ebay!
Ford Fiesta TSB on cd? - none
Beware of the Ebay pirate CD's. I bought a Ford one recently for 3 quid. It worked Ok on my home computer at first, but wouldn't work on the office computer. Now it crashes my home computer. All I get is the blue screen - disc needs cleaning message. In fairness though, I got more than 3 quids worth of info. when it was working.
Ford Fiesta TSB on cd? - IanT
I got the Ford TIS (Technical Information System) CDROM from Ebay. Obviously pirated Ford copyright, but you knew that.

It's very good. Descriptions of how to do most maintenance repairs and replacements. Not so good on routine weekly/annual services (which technicians are supposed to be able to do without a CD). Really good circuit diagrams. Some Technical Service Bulletins. No search facility worth the name, so hard to find the item you are looking for. Lots of different models and years covered.

Particular gripe - no part numbers listed.

I've seen a different CD advertised on Ebay claiming to list part numbers. I'm not convinced it does. So is there anyone out there who has bought this other CDROM and can confirm the claim?

Ian
Ford Fiesta TSB on cd? - Ford Dagenham
Hello

Are you talking about Fords Microcat.
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
Ford Fiesta TSB on cd? - Galaxy
I have purchased both the Ford TIS CD and Ford Microcat CD. Both are obviously copies because someone in my position can't obtain legitimate ones.

The Ford TIS CD runs perfectly on both my home and work PC's. I did actually have to purchase another later version one, after purchasing one a few years previously, because the earlier one wouldn't run under Windows XP. I tested this by loading the earlier one onto a PC running Windows 98, and it worked fine. Unfortunately the later CD is lacking a lot of the information on earlier vehicles, but is still very useful. If I were to load both versions of Windows I expect I could run both of them.

The Ford Microcat CD runs fine on both PC's. The only problem with this CD is that it's a fairly early version, about 1998, I think, so much of the information is actually out of date. Still very useful, though. I've never seen a later version for sale. Perhaps Ford now supply this info to dealers in a different way, I don't know.

I've also read on one of the websites selling copies of the Ford TIS CD, but cannot myself confirm, that, in future, Ford updates will be supplied on line rather than by providing a new CD. Not much help, though, if you've only got a copy.

Mind you, I wonder how long it will be before someone gets hold of a copy of the update and flogs it on Ebay??!!!

Ford Fiesta TSB on cd? - mfarrow
I think the Microcat now has to be authenticated through a modem at the dealers to get a code that will make it run.

I have a TIS CD but it's rubbish if you want info for any cars built earlier than 1990. You get Technical Service Bulletins but a lot of these are general to all models (i.e. how to program a lock).