What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Looking at Parkers plus guide. Depressing. - Andrew Hamilton
The version that covers older vehicles. How can a vehicle that looks smart, goes OK, with MOT be valued at maximum £130(1983 Metro 1.3 auto). The road tax, recently reduced to £105 is almost worth as much!
Regretfully Parker does not go before 1992 for old vans. But looks like my 1990 ex-PO 2l diesel red van is worth less than £150(fair condition) as sign-written with a few small dents. But it does an indicated 9 miles/litre or 40mpg.
Re: Looking at Parkers plus guide. Depressing. - Andrew Tarr
Andrew - obvious answer. Parkers quotes what buyers are willing to pay, not what sellers are willing to accept !
Re: Looking at Parkers plus guide. Depressing. - Andrew Hamilton
I take your point. As I tend to run vehicles to the end, I benefit from the cheap replacement cost. Also, as you notice, I pick the less popular makes. An equivalent 1.3L Ford Fiesta is quoted at max. £420 (three times as much!)
Re: Looking at Parkers plus guide. Depressing. - ladas are cool
its like the citroen bx, my mothers is worth about £130, but its in mint condition (apart from the rumbling noise from the wheels, and the bad starting problems, and a kind of clicking when you try to start it, but apart from that its OK), and the car has NO rust.
Re: Looking at Parkers plus guide. Depressing. - FfwlCymraeg
There is also value in owning a car, any car - even a Lada ;o)

Seriously, who would sell a car for such silly money?
Re: Looking at Parkers plus guide. Depressing. - Miller
I think anything over 10 years old now is only worth a few hundred at most, unless it is a prestige make e.g. BMW, Merc. I have a seven year old Citroen ZX in excellent nick for its age but I realise I would struggle to get more than 500 for it, where as this time last year I would probably of got nearer to 2000, used car prices have come down that much recently.
Millers Citroen ZX. - ladas are cool
if you (miller) want to sell your citroen ZX, i will give you £600 cash for it, as its seven years old. watson-fam@ic24.net
Re: Millers Citroen ZX. - Andrew Hamilton
I daren't comment on how expensive Citroens are to repair or will attract attention of the Citroen Fan Club.
Re: Millers Citroen ZX. - Miller
I'm sorry Chris but as I'm in the process of buying a house I will be keeping it until it goes to the big car park in the sky! Anyway, its the base spec model without elec windows/sunroof/PAS or a temp gauge!, much to my annoyance.
Re: Millers Citroen ZX. - ladas are cool
no PAS doesnt matter, as i have driven a volvo 240 estate which doesnt have PAS (that car was murder to drive, and even worse to park)