What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mondeo -seatbelt gong disable - Bob the builder
Got myself 03 Mondeo Ghia. Very annoying gong for seatbelt warning is driving me mad. Handbook says it can be disabled by Ford dealer but 25 mls to nearest one. As I'm not totally useless with cars, can anyone tell me how it's done ? Cheers, Bob.
Mondeo -seatbelt gong disable - Adam {P}
Hi,
Not a great deal of help I know but with the Focus you have to do something ridiculous like:

"Turn to ignition 2, then turn the lights on 3 times, then put the seatbelt on 3 times, repeat"

On the Focus it can be turned off yourself - I can't remember where I found that information out though.

Sorry.

(You could of course wear a seatbelt!)
--
Adam
Mondeo -seatbelt gong disable - frostbite
Always provided that is the sole function of the gong, you can turn it off with a screwdriver - through the diaphragm.
Mondeo -seatbelt gong disable - dilbert
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but why don't you just wear the seatbelt?

Thanks for that. Yes I do wear my belt but not for example when I back my car out of the garage, and then get out to shut the g. door, or drive 15 yards to open the gate at work - it's driving me nuts !!
Frostbite - which diaphragm ?
Mondeo -seatbelt gong disable - frostbite
Arf arf...
Mondeo -seatbelt gong disable - mfarrow
>>(You could of course wear a seatbelt!)

Probably like me and starts the engine before putting belt on (helps oil circulate before you pull away/load the engine). Not much help I suspect, but had a similar problem with a PC temperature control thingy. Beeped every time it turned a fan on. Located the buzzer, and with the help of tweezers and a sharp tug, all was fixed :-)
Mondeo -seatbelt gong disable - Quinny100
I've done this on mine. It is annoying as it comes on when you're reversing too. You don't want to damage the beeper as it beeps for multiple things eg. lights left on.

Mine has been unheard since doing the following:

Start with the handbrake on and in neutral. Ensure all doors are closed, the drivers seatbelt is unbuckled and the exterior lights off.

Insert the into the ignition and turn to position 2 (The one before engine start). Wait for the seatbelt warning light to go out. (Depending on software version - if it doesn't appear wait 20 seconds then carry on)

Buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 3 times (ending with the seatbelt unbuckled).

Turn on headlights - turn off again

Buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 3 times (ending with the seatbelt unbuckled) - The seatbelt light should illuminate for 3 seconds (Depending on software version, the light may start flashing instead)

Within 7 seconds of seatbelt warning light going off, slowly buckle then unbuckle seatbelt
Quinny100 - Thanks very much for your post. I did as you said, it worked first time and took me about 5 mins. Much appreciated, you've saved me time and hassle. Thanks. Bob.
Mondeo -seatbelt gong disable - CG
Thanks Quinny100 - just done mine too. All successful, although when I turned on the ign afterwards the fan blower was going flat out and there was no heating/aircon display - but another off/on and restart got it working again. The wonders of computers! The handbook provides details for temporary disablement (buckle and unbuckle 3 times within 3 secs of seatbelt light) but this is obviously quite pointless as it would be quicker to put the thing on in the first place.

CG