What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Delocking GTI-6 - roland
Idly looking through autotrader magazine last week trying to imagine what it would be like to buy from the Sports section rather than the Estates/People carrier section. Noticed that all the Peugeot 306 GTI-6's were advertised as being "delocked". What exactly does this mean? This is for purely academic interest, as a 3-door hot hatch doesn't have the boot space for 2 travel cots.
Re: Delocking GTI-6 - ChrisR
If you want to be really cool, you take out the lock barrel and fill the hole to leave a nice slippery smooth door panel. You can only unlock using the plip. As I remember the Dukes of Hazard did this, but they welded the doors shut as well. Doh.
Re: Delocking GTI-6 - Guy Lacey
My previous Golf was de-locked but it's far easier with Golfs. All I had to do was fit a Clifford alarm with full remote C/L and then remove both door handles with integral locks and fit rear handles from the 5-door. Then I removed the door-pull and sealed the panel. Complete with armour door plates the only way in and out of the vehicle is via the fob.

It is not without problems tho - I once had to climb into my boot, open the latch and climb out of the boot when the lock mechanism fell off. Not a very cool way to turn up for a date. Also, any probs with the alarm and you can be left stranded. It does look mighty cool tho. Final upgrade is to fit bi-colour LED's to the door panels that are red when locked and green when open - can be done for about £3 worth of bits.

VW beetles have been de-locked and de-handled for many years. A solenoid is fitted in place of the door handle. Very cool.
Re: Delocking GTI-6 - Andrew Tarr
All this daft posing must make the cars so cool that one's fingertips freeze to the bodywork.
Re: Delocking generally - Honest John
This is something owners of Audi A4s, post '97 Passats and Golf Mk IVs should consider, if only to make their wheels secure.

HJ
Re: Delocking generally - Andy P
What do you do when the battery in the plip goes flat? Walk?

Andy
Re: Delocking generally - Andrew Barnes
Just to be clear, my Sept 2001 Golf doesn't have a problem witht the door locks, and the alarm system has just been updated.

Andrew
Delocking generally - David Lacey
Ummmmmmmmm, yes.
Re: Delocking generally - Guy Lacey
David Lacey wrote:
>
> Ummmmmmmmm, yes.

Ummmmmmmmmm, NO.

U haven't taken the lock from the boot so u simply insert the key into the lock - unlock and open.

With ear defenders on - remove centre console.

Find ECU of alarm.

Disconnect.

Simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rule 1 when de-locking. Never, ever, ever let your flip-flob battery go flat.
Re: Delocking GTI-6 - richard turpin
"COOL"? Christ!