What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
would you buy a mazda 6 ts 2.0 - sun
Thinking about buying a mazda 6, would you buy one over a honda accord and even a ford mondeo?
would you buy a mazda 6 ts 2.0 - tyre tread
I\'m thinking along the same line (Mazda 6) but possibly the diesel option or Toyota Corolla* Diesel

I\'d love the Diesel Accord (had one on test for a weekend) but just too expensive.

Any input appreciated

*he means the Avensis. Finger trouble. M.
would you buy a mazda 6 ts 2.0 - runboy
From reviews I have read, the 6 gets a good write up, save refinement on the road-it isn't the quietest of cars from what I hear (no pun intended!).

Compare a 6 to the Corolla-mmmmmm, different size really, sort of Focus/Mondeo sizes if you are to compare. Although I can see where you are coming from as an Avensis would be bigger than the 6 (I think!).

How about the Avensis-gets good reviews and more refined than the 6.
would you buy a mazda 6 ts 2.0 - Altea Ego
Personal Veiwpoint here.

I wouldnt buy a mazda 6, they are noisy, not that lively and the inside is like a cheap taiwan stereo of the 1980's. Given the choice of a Honda Accord I wouldnt even look twice at the Mazda. Accord every time.
would you buy a mazda 6 ts 2.0 - googolplex
I test drove a diesel before I opted for my Mondeo. I was v. impressed with the whole package, except for the road noise which I thought could become a bit annoying. To counter this, there is the impressive reliability record which was a huge plus factor. If, at the time, trade sales or motorpoint had been doing good deals on these cars, I might well have gone for one.
Splodgeface
would you buy a mazda 6 ts 2.0 - sun
thanks for the feedback, just incase it helps other people:
I did test drive mazda 6 2.0ts petrol and mazda 6 diesel.
The diesel was horrible (sounded rough) compared to the outstanding Accord diesel.

The Accord had a much more mature image/look, inside was smaller than the mazda, the boot was smaller than the mazda, it was more diffcult to park than the mazda. Brakes on the mazda were also better.

The mazda does look cheaper on the inside but in my opinion looks a nicer cars from the outside. Another plus is you can get it as hatch, which you cannot with the new Accord.

The biggest plus with the mazda is the price.

Even after test driving both cars, I am still undecided, a dull looking Accord with a nice engine/interior or a nice looking mazda with a dull interior but plenty of room for a child seat and pram in the boot.

Confused....
would you buy a mazda 6 ts 2.0 - Adam {P}
Sounds to me like you really want the 6.
--
Adam
would you buy a mazda 6 ts 2.0 - wmo
I have owned a Mazda 6 for the past 18 months. Great value for money, excellent handling, well built and no problems with reliability.
would you buy a mazda 6 ts 2.0 - DavidHM
If they were the same price I'd take the Accord first, the Mondeo second (but watch the depreciation - see right --->) and the 6 last. At least I would assuming a nice, 130 bhp+ diesel was under the bonnet.

However the 6 is likely to be as reliable as the Accord and nearly as cheap as the Mondeo - make sure you get a big discount. So yes, I would be quite likely to buy one for about £14k but I wouldn't pay list - that's too much like Accord money.
would you buy a mazda 6 ts 2.0 - Turbodog
Not wishing to confuse you further, but what about a Primera?; I think they look good, and they're well specced and well discounted...
would you buy a mazda 6 ts 2.0 - Turbodog
PS and well reviewed by HJ..
would you buy a mazda 6 ts 2.0 - tyre tread
To tell the truth I meant Avensis and typed Corolla for some unearthly reason
would you buy a mazda 6 ts 2.0 - MichaelR
To be honest I don't see how much can beat the tempting package offered by a Mondeo ST TDCi for £16k from a broker.