What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
vauxhall astra poor brakes - gingerwinger
i have a astra 1.7 td 96. when i go to brake the pedel very nearley goe\'s to the floor before the brakes work. the brakes still work ok but should it travel so far before working. i have just got the car. all the other motors i have had the brakes have been as sharp as swearword deleted!!.
vauxhall astra poor brakes - billythehamster
check to make sure the disks, pads and shoes are all ok, also try bleeding the breaks sometimes a bit of air in the system can cause excessive travel in the pedel.
vauxhall astra poor brakes - holly1
We experienced a similar problem with our Astra (1.4, 1994). Turned out that water had mixed in with the brake fluid. Only after we had paid for the repairs did I check out the car-by-car breakdown on this site to find there had in fact been a recall on our exact model for this problem.
vauxhall astra poor brakes - David Horn
Out of curiosity, if a car had been recalled for a problem but you missed the notice, and a fault some time later resulted from that problem, would you have to pay for repairs?
vauxhall astra poor brakes - holly1
Not too sure on that one. Remember someone saying something about if you were not the orginal buyer of the car the manufacturer were not obliged to contact you. Not too sure if this is correct, I was told about the recall on my M Reg Corsa but my hubbie was not told about the recall on his Astra.
vauxhall astra poor brakes - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
You can tell if the mod has been done by the fitment of a Banjo shaped plastic blanking plug in the bonnet pressing immediately above the brake fluid reservoir. If it hasnt been done contact the local dealer. Make sure that when they do the mod they replace the fluid as well as fitting the bung, they didnt do EITHER on my neighbours car when they did his!
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!