What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
battery specs - horatio
CCA (cold crank amp)
Reserve capacity (minutes)
Ampere Hour (Ah) capacity

The vehicle manufacturer state the battery to be used is a 600CCA / 115mins - Volvo V70 Diesel

The motor factors all list this particular cars replacement to be 096/4 where 096 is the UK battery code and 4 is the number of years of service guaranteed.

A typical 096/4 has a rating 650CCA, 130 mins, 75Ah. I'm not sure if all 096/4's have these same figures but I got these figures from a published table.

Vauxhall "go" batteries are guaranteed 3 years and are offered in Ah, 72Ah and 80Ah being the closest in the range.

Will the Go 72Ah be good enough? I don't know the CCA/min rating for the 72Ah or the 80Ah. Perhaps someone with a password to the Tradeclub website can go and see if the information is available in the "online book". If not I will phone Vaux on Mon morning and ask them for the CCA figures, and will post them here.

Why do I want a "go" battery???? Because I have a friend who can get me a discount. Here are some prices I found so far:

Motorfactors
096 Hi-output - 55.50 inc Vat
LSUK (Lucas)
096/4 about - 78 inc VAT (discount given on retail 89+VAT)
Halfords
096 3 year? - 65 Inc VAT
Vauxhall GO
72Ah - 40 inc VAT (includes discount)