What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
installing front speakers Honda - Mikey Jay
Does anyone know the best way to cut a circular hole to accomodate small door speakers. The wiring is apparently all there but you have to cut into the carpet type material at the bottom of the door.The car is a Honda Prelude. Thanks. Mikey
installing front speakers Honda - Altea Ego
If its a valid speaker location, if you take the door card off you may find the hardboard type material is perforated on the back. A sharp stanley knife would do to "join the dots"
installing front speakers Honda - Mikey Jay
Yes it is a valid speaker location. If I press on the door Carpet strip on the bottom of the door I can feel a circular shape in what you call the door card behind. Thanks for the suggestion. I've got the old speakers from my last Prelude.
Many thanks to you. Mikey
installing front speakers Honda - MarkSmith
I don't know the car, but usually you'd want to remove the door card (i.e. the trim) and mount the speaker _behind_ it (where there might even be a nice mounting place for you), not cut a hole in the trim. Don't want the speaker sticking out through the trim...

-Mark