What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
RAC Rally - Andrew
This my sound quite sad being a bit of a rally enthusiast. Scoured my copy of Motoring News and its special rally suplement but cannot find which date/day the RAC Rally of Great Britain (South Wales!) starts. Can anyone help?

Andrew.
Re: RAC Rally - Lee H
Andrew,

It starts this Thursday (22nd) and goes on until Sunday the 25th.

The BBC have full coverage at:

news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/english/static/in_depth/mo...m

Lee.
Re: RAC Rally - ladas are cool
that BBC link must be one of the longest i have ever seen, why on earth do the BBC always go for very long web addresses.
Re: RAC Rally - Andrew Barnes

What are you on about? Go and polish your rust.

ladas are cool wrote:
>
> that BBC link must be one of the longest i have ever seen,
> why on earth do the BBC always go for very long web addresses.
Re: RAC Rally - ladas are cool
i am talking about the link that 'lee H' gave for the bbc.
Re: RAC Rally - Tomo
Agreed, I'd never get it right; and the 'phone bill is bad enough.
Re: RAC Rally - Matt Kelly
If you got to www.makeashorterlink.com you can put a really long URL in and it makes it into a shorter one which you can then pass on. You put the shorter link in the address bar of your browser and the person is sent to the makeashorterlink.com web site and redirected.

For example that long BBC URL (the reason they have long ones is because of the way they store the individual stories in a database & use a content management system I expect) becomes :

makeashorterlink.com/?N51E21C2
Re: RAC Rally - Honest John
Just copy the link and paste it into your web browser. Sorry to everyone who already knows this, but we all work at different levels and Tomo might not have known he didn't need to re-key the whole thing in.

HJ
makeashorterlink.com - David Lacey
Thanks Matt!

That is quite useful to have! Anything that makes life a bit more simple is great!

Cheers

David :-)