C Max or Octavia est - Tony Bee
Which will make me happiest ? Diesels of course.
C Max or Octavia est - BobbyG
Neither - Scenic!
C Max or Octavia est - cheddar
As I said in another thread ......

If you need 7 seats go for a Grand Scenic 1.9 DCI 6 speed, if you dont a Focus C-Max 2.0 TDCi goes like stink out handles most hot hatches, is well built, well equiped, safe and does 50 mpg easiliy.
C Max or Octavia est - Ivor E Tower
Drive them both and see which you prefer. Just because one of us recommends the C-Max doesn't mean that it will be the better choice for you. Only you know your personal needs!
C Max or Octavia est - bikemade3
Alternatively...........

If you need a 5 seater but the usefullness of having a extra 2 seats why not look at a Zafira. VX dealers £13995 2.0DTI,Alloys, Aircon,CD, etc. My not be as nice to drive as a C Max but having driven one to LHR and back found the drivers seat to be the most uncomfortable seat i have sitten in for a long while.

It appears to me that VX have sorted the oil consumption issues that plagued their diesel engine as sinc new theoil has not dropped and thats over 2.1K. Well happy and the kids love it.
C Max or Octavia est - Avant
Both C-MAX and Octavia are good cars - test drive them and see which you feel more at home in. 2.0 litre diesel will be worth it in both cases. I'd guess the performance and mpg will be similar.

You'd have to decide, if you go for the Scenic, whether you can trust the ignition card, electronic parking brake etc. not to go wrong. Renault went to all that extra expense and then couldn't be bothered to change the windscreen wipers for RHD.
C Max or Octavia est - mark
I am currently driving a 04 1.8 Zetec CMax as an insurance loan car whilst my Passat is being fixed.

Cheddar is right about the handling its good but there are many other features of the car I have disliked in the 700 or so miles I have done since picking it up.

Firstly is very noisy inside above 60mph and the noise gets louder the faster you go a 200 mile trip yesterday at 80ish mph was very tiring due to the noise.

With regards to the seatbelt fixings the front belts terminate in the rear passenger footweel, rear passengers can step on these as they move their feet and adjust the tension of the belt and I found this hugely irritating. One of the rear belts exits from the roof and both passengers who used this said it was uncomfortable as it cut into their necks.

Despite having a full tank for some reason the low fuel warning kept beeping whilst on the move not something I would have expected from a new car.

The interior is low rent compared to my Passat (I have a base model Passat BTW) and the seats are already showing signs of wear and tear, I know its a hire car but at 7000 miles I would be upset if it were mine. In addition the 6000 series CD player is tinny and really needs to be turned up when moving to the point and which combined with the wind and tyre roar it almost has your ears bleeding.

Overall I found the perfomance of the 1.8 disapointing at at 80mph plus you can see the fuel needle moving downwards.

The diesel may well be a different kettle of fish, you can't hear the 1.8 at tickover but if you can hear the diesel at tickover I suspect the internal noise will be worse at speed.

I do like the CMax concept but feel the one I have is down to a price and unfortunately the last 700 miles mean its no longer on my consider list I want my Passat back. Give the Octavia agood test drive I doubt its worse than the CMax.

as always

Mark
C Max or Octavia est - Adam {P}
Never driven a C-Max so I can't comment on anything else apart from the fuel light and the cd player. On some Focuses, when filled to the brim, the warning lights would illuminate and the needle read empty until the excess petrol was used up. Does it on mine but I put petrol in by how much it costs not how much it is. (I'll only put £20 at a time).

The 6000 cd player is surprising. Don't want to sound patronising but have you turned the bass up? When I got my Focus, the bass was on 0 and the treble on 6. Until I fiddled with it a few days later. I listned to a 6000 bought from EBAY in a Fiesta and it sounded awful so I'm guessing a lot of it is down the the speakers in the car.

The 1.8's are surprisingly thirsty but Tony is looking at a diesel.

The C-Max looks different but is not to my taste. The Skoda is a Skoda but they've done a massive turnaround to the point that I wouldn't mind driving one at all.
Adam
C Max or Octavia est - BobbyG
Renault went to all that extra expense and then couldn't be bothered to change the windscreen wipers for RHD.

Bit of a petty comment that. Wipers on my Scenic are great. Think a lot of cars now have the wipers this way round.
C Max or Octavia est - Lucian Deville
Hi

Any comments on the C max, 1:6 Tdci Auto??

Has there been probs with the vehicle??

Does the C Max misbehave in light cross winds on the motorway as we read a comment on parkers made by a ownner??

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

LD
C Max or Octavia est - JonJen
I've owned an Octavia diesel estate & my wife now has the CMAX 2.0TDCI Ghia. Both were excellent cars and both were lots better than the Passat TDI130 I had as a company car in between them. The CMAX has a high quality finish, though we paid extra for a Sony CD player rather than the standard fit one. The CMAX is very versatile, with two young kids we have no problems getting them, the pushchair and all their gear in the car with room to spare. It isn't without it's problems, so if you go for the 2.0 diesel, make sure that it's had the latest diagnostic updates from Ford before you buy to cure a flat spot and one or two other minor niggles. Fuel economy on ours is averaging about 38 - most of that is round town work with occasional long runs so can't complain.

The Octavia was also a very good car, more economical but not as versatile - functional is how I would describe it. Over 40,000 miles in the two years I owned the car, I only had one fault with the fuel management system which was cured quickly under warranty.

I'm not sure which I would recommed, it depends on your needs. I think the CMAX is an excellent car, much more solid than the Scenic or the Picasso & we will never need the 7 seats of the Zafira, but if you are looking purely for functionality, the Octavia is hard to beat. Try both for an extended test drive.

Good luck!
Tim
C Max or Octavia est - daveyK_UK
good time to buy a c-max diesel.

over in liverpool, peoples ford dealer

doing c-max diesel ghia brand new £10,495 with free insurance or servicing or cash back.

very good offer.

it ends wednesday i think.