Focus 1.6 - is this a Zetec-s or se? - Pete Mansell
According to the spark plug cover on my 98 Focus 1.6, my engine is a Zetec-S. The Ford on line web site also says it is a Zetec-s. However the handbook and Haynes manual say it should be a Zetec-SE.

Does anyone know if there really is a difference between the S and SE? If there is, were some 'S' engines used in early Focus's? My concern is that there appears to be a difference in cam belt change interval between the S and SE.

Many thanks,

Pete Mansell
Focus 1.6 - is this a Zetec-s or se? - Chas{P}
Your Focus will be a Zetec-SE.

This, sometimes gets abbreviated to Zetec E or Zetec S. It's all part of Ford's inconsistent information policy!

HTH

Charles
Focus 1.6 - is this a Zetec-s or se? - LeePower
Wasnt the 1.25, 1.4 & 1.7 16 valves the Zetec SE engines
The 1.6, 1.8 & 2.0 16 valves where the Zetec S?

The Zetec SE where a Ford / Yamaha joint venture, While the Zetec S where just a straight Ford engine.
Focus 1.6 - is this a Zetec-s or se? - madf
All Ford 1.25, 1.4,1.6,1.7,1.8,2.0 engines from 1993 on were joint venture with Yamaha. Zetec S/SE are names for different derivatives but basically the same block.. cylinder head was revised several times.

The 1.6 SE was fitted to Fiesta/Focus from 1999 on I think..My 2001 Fiesta says Zetec SE...

madf

Focus 1.6 - is this a Zetec-s or se? - petesbabes
Just an idea, why not nip into local ford dealer and ask them, surely there mechanics would know.
Focus 1.6 - is this a Zetec-s or se? - linac eng
The S (or SE as it is termed) is the Yamaha cooperation.

It is available in 1.4 and 1.6 on the focus. 1.25, 1.4, 1.6 on Fiesta. The oil filter is on the front of the block.

The zetec E is the 1.8 and 2.0 engine. The oil filter is on the back of the block. (Different block)

So your 1.6 is an S/SE
Focus 1.6 - is this a Zetec-s or se? - Pete Mansell
Many thanks for your replies. I'm sure I wasn't the only person to be confused!

Pete Mansell