What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Behold: Police car black box recorders. - dan
Trials of Black Box recorders for police cars have apparently led to a 'drastic' reduction in the number of accidents involving said cars. (Guardian)

Hmmm.. so what does this actually translate as?
Police drivers knowing they can't obfuscate/make 5h1t up when they have a prang, racing back for lunch/corrie on t' telly?

BTW I am not anti-police and am not interested in creating a knock-a-copper thread. If people knew that their erratic/careless driving would be scrutinised in the event of an RTA would they not drive with a bit more self awareness. (I think they call it accountability.)

dan

P.S.
Reminds me of the accident related thread which had a post about a camcorder and an 8 hour video-recorder in the boot etc...A followup suggested this might a little paranoid. I disagree, just because your paranoid doesn't mean there aren't a lot of lying prats on the road.

P.P.S. I'm at work, which is why l'm am on here and not out on a saturday night leering at wimmin' and hurling my own dung at passing cars.
Re: Behold: Police car black box recorders. - Brian
Statistics shown that aroung two dozen people per year are killed in accidents during police chases in the UK. This is split about 50:50 between those being chased and innocent members of the public.
Re: Behold: Police car black box recorders. - me
while black box recorders have some merits, i think the first call on police force money should be better training for their drivers