What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Golf mkIV SEAT COMFORT - Keith Walters
I am 6ft tall with long legs. My short test drive does not satisfy me that the short squabs front and back are comfortable on long jouneys.
No test driver has ever commented on the fact that VW has obviously shortened the seats to give the impression of space when there is not any.
I still like the car can anyone reassure me that my concerns are unnecessay?
Re: Golf mkIV SEAT COMFORT - Honest John
I've done thousands of miles in Golf Mk IVs without a single twinge of discomfort.

HJ
Re: Golf mkIV SEAT COMFORT - DIESEL DAVE
I'm 6'4 with 34 inch inside leg measurement, I can testify that I once covered nearly a thousand miles in a Bora inside a week with no problems whatsoever, they are very comfortable.
Re: Golf mkIV SEAT COMFORT - P E
I'm 6'1" and have no trouble in my mk4. Much better than the mk3 now you can move the steering wheel up/down in/out... and the seat. By the way I saw an ad for a new Skoda Octavia that only needs 35,000 mile service intervals. What the hell is going on with them then?
Re: Golf mkIV SEAT COMFORT - Bob Harris
Keith,

I don't know what version of Golf you drive but below is the thread I put in some months ago:-

<"I have a Mk4 1.8t Golf Gti with Recaro seats. I am tall(6ft 5in) and my

I don't find the same problem with 'normal' Mk 4 Golf seats.

Bob Harris
Re: Golf mkIV SEAT COMFORT - Darcy Kitchin
I am 6' 2" , 16 stone and have driven our company Golf mk iv's for many miles and, embarrassingly took nearly 4 hours to cover 120 miles once, but no discomfort.