What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Red Key? - tartanraider
I\'ve seen this mentioned here and there,what exactly is it? (and if anyone says it\'s a red key....):)
Red Key? - JohnPug
I had a MK1 Punto with 3 keys, 2 blue and 1 red. To program the blue keys you needed the master red key. The only problem is that if you lost the red key, and needed more blue keys, you had to replace the ECU! (major expense).
Red Key? - LeePower
Some of the Blue keys can be copied to make another key.

There are companys out there who can do this, But not all Blue keys can, so dont lose the Red one.

This is also true with other car manufactures systems, Some keys can be copied without the original & some cannot, you need to speak to an auto locksmith.
Red Key? - AlanGowdy
I think posted on this a while back. I bought my son a 1996 Fiat Punto earlier this year. Trouble was, it came with only one key - a blue one - and that was heavily worn and in need of replacement.

A local auto locksmith used it to clone a new blue key for £36. New key does everything the original does. My son now keeps the original as a spare.

Red key? You don't need one.