Leaking Coolant. - nutymek
I've got a problem with my VW golf mk 2! A few weeks ago when i got out of my car i heard a sound like someone crushing a plastic bottle before noticing lots of water on the floor under the engine. After all the water had drained out, i put some more in and noticed it leaking quite rapidly from the back of the engine. Some of the hoses were changed which seemed to do the trick. However, the other night after a small journey a fair bit of water appeared underneath the car from the same place as before but it wasn't coming out as rapid as before. The following day i checked to see how much water was lost, this was approximately an inch of the expansion tank. I thought it might be the head gasket but there is no oil in the water e.t.c. Have you any ideas what it could be? Thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 18/03/2008 at 20:14

leak on mk2 golf - Civic8
Were the connecting joints clean.usually when a leak occurs a lump of carp is left behind.would suggest take off hoses and clean the joints hoses connect to.any amount of dirt left on the joint will cause a prob unless more serious ie cracked.joint.?
--
Was mech1