What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Red Barchetta - Stargazer {P}
Having read many arguments on behalf of the pro and ant motoring lobby on the subjects of cameras, speed limits, GPS monitoring, road tolls etc etc I was reminded of a Rush track called Red Barchetta, set in a future where actually driving a car yourself is rather frowned upon.

While searching for the lyrics to the song I found the article from Track and Road in 1973 by Richard S Foster (A nice morning drive) that was the inspiration for the song. Read in retrospect it was well ahead of its time! Well worth a read.

Road and Track article:

members.aol.com/redbarche/ANiceMorningDrive.html

Lyrics to Red Barchetta:

www.purelyrics.com/index.php?lyrics=dqbmwcsq

I realise that music from a Canadian heavy rock band is not to most peoples taste, but the original article and the corresponding lyrics are well worth a read

StarGazer
Red Barchetta - No Do$h
Rush!

Fantastic stuff. Mrs ND is a fan and the vinyl often gets an airing at NoDosh Mansions.
Red Barchetta - Stargazer {P}
Ah but do you have tickets for September? (30th Anniversary tour)

StarGazer

but back to the subject.....worth reading the article, its a real shot across the bows on the unintended impact of overzealous legisalation....all forseen a long time ago.

Red Barchetta - Chicken Madras
A classic - one of the first tunes I learned to play bass to. If I want to rewind further, Moving Pictures was in my Walkman when I went to see Henry IV Part 1 at the Barbican in London when a certain Mel Smith (of Not the Nine O'Clock News fame) walked past. After some persusion he signed the ZX Spectrum magazine I was reading.

In the current climate of pop pap, Red Barchetta still stands the test of time.

Thanks for the memories Stargazer - time to dig out my Moving Pictures CD...

All the best
CM