What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
sports car for tall guys - Dave w
having read how good the MX5 is, I sat in one today and realised it was too small for comfort. Next try will be the Honda Prelude, but can anyone recomend a sporty two seater for a 6' 3'' bloke with room in the boot for a set of golf clubs ? only to be used when I'm not the kids taxi service. Second hand £5 - 7,000. thanks in anticipation.
Re: sports car for tall guys - Starman
Toyota MR2.

Or Alfa GTV

Jonathan
Re: sports car for tall guys - ladas are cool
i JUST managed to fit in a toyota celica, but it might be better for you, as i am 6 foot 6.
Re: sports car for tall guys - Andy Moorey
Try a Marcos coupe or Mantula. It was designed to fit the MD of the company who is 6'4". Reasonable nick steel chassis V8 are available for the sort of funds available, the earlier wooden chassis versions are more expensive and a bit more for he purist.
Re: sports car for tall guys - Dave w
many thanks for your reply to my query regarding sports cars, I profess total ignorance of your two suggestions. may I ask who makes the cars and where Imight see them? many thanks, Dave W
Re: sports car for tall guys - Mark (Brazil)
Dave,

There was an article recently in one of the Sunday's. I only read the Times & Telegraph so it was one of them, in the motoring section. Its called "Car CLinic" or some such name and I read it electronically so it shouldn't be hard to find.

However, the point is that someone asked exactly your question and whilst I only read it briefly, it did seem a fairly thorough answer.

I'd suggest tryign to find it. If I have time, I'll try and track it down myself.
Re: sports car for tall guys - Mark (Brazil)
After all that, I found it...

www.sunday-times.co.uk/ (sorry, HJ)

28th October

Motoring

Car Clinic

"The long and the short of it is that there's only one car for Matt "
Mark, many thanks, I'll have a read.
last posting is for Andy moorey.
Re: sports car for tall guys - FfwlCymraeg
"Ladas are Cool" is 6 and a half feet tall.

Suddenly I think Ladas are Cool too.

FfwlCymraeg
Re: sports car for tall guys - ladas are cool
because i am 6 foot 6 and medium build, i was once a professional doorman (bouncer) when i was 19, but i decided to go into the car repairs business.