Oooh! Oooh! I found it! I found it! - No Do$h
You may recall that I\'ve been looking for something fun for the weekends that will also meet with Mrs ND\'s approval. I also had to ensure we had somewhere to store it.

Thanks to HJ www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/index.htm?news_id=1564 I have met all the relevant criteria.

Fun - it\'s a 4x4 that seats four and lets me sling my canoe/mountain bike/beer in the back or just go \"naked\" (no, not as in the BR Poll) for a bit of greenlaning.

Mrs ND\'s approval - She\'s going to use it for work

Storage - It\'s going to replace her car, therefore we have a space on the drive to fill

:o)

Wooohoooo!!!!

Off to test drive one this afternoon, then on to the lease company it is.

Cheers HJ!
Oooh! Oooh! I found it! I found it! - Stuartli
There's quite a few of them in my area, used by both private and business owners.

You'll enjoy one.
Oooh! Oooh! I found it! I found it! - SteveH42
We've got one of those at work although in the full pick-up configuration. I've never driven it but have been told it's a right pig. It's designed to carry heavy loads so the back end steps out at the first opportunity if you are empty. Also apparently very noisy and slow to get going on the motorway, although I guess that depends which engine you go for.

Make sure you have a good, long test! It may suit you but it doesn't sound like the ideal 'car replacement' from what I've been told.
Oooh! Oooh! I found it! I found it! - midlifecrisis
We've got one on trial at work, it's a complete dog. Slow, noisey and more agricultural than a tractor!!
The 88BHP pickup is, by Mitsubishi\'s own admission, an agricultural beast of burden. The car comparison isn\'t really appropriate, as you will see.

We took a Double Cab with the 113BHP lump out for a drive and it was fine. Yes, the back end will hop out when empty as it is designed for payloads of over a tonne. Bear in mind that we had to replace Mrs NDs Laguna with either a Van or a 4x4 for her work anyway and this fits the bill nicely.

Mrs ND will be carting around shredder/chippers, mowers, chain saws and assorted garden rubbish, so it will nearly always be at least partially laden. It will also have to tow a bloomin\' big trailer a couple of times a week.

We were extremely impressed with the noise levels and lack of vibration in the cab - I suspect the one you have at work is the 88bhp MLC?

Anyway, a bit of playing with the leasing quotes and I think we\'ll be ordering a GL Double Cab by next weekend.
An addition to the above:

Spoke to Phil at New Car Leasing this morning before we set out to testdrive the L200. Very pleasant chap, knows his cars and bent over backwards to give figures to meet our requirements (optional extras and varied mileages). He\'ll be getting our business.

He mentioned in passing that they can put a new Megane 1.4 on the road for under £140per month on a similar 3 year lease. If you feel the need to change your car regularly (we will as we need to keep a reliable and capable towing machine on the road or no income) then I can\'t fault these guys. Recommended.
Oooh! Oooh! I found it! I found it! - Mark (RLBS)
What mileage did you go for and how much difference did it make to the price ?
15,000 miles per annum and add metallic paint took the GL double cab to approx £235pm from £219.99. I'll get firm figures in writing on Tuesday and will let you know.

Price includes 3 years RFL but not servicing. They are going to send firm figures with and without.
Oooh! Oooh! I found it! I found it! - Adam {P}
ND,
My uncle had an L200 until this year then got the L200 Animal double cab thingy this year. It's in black with a chrome step bar at the back and looks really nice. It's not noisy at all. I did post in a previous thread that I'd been in in for 40 mins and only noticed that it was diesel after then.

Cracking car but a little "vannish" inside.
Adam
Oooh! Oooh! I found it! I found it! - Citroënian {P}
ND - what's it replacing?

--
Lee
MINI adventure in progress
Oooh! Oooh! I found it! I found it! - Adam {P}
The missus' Laguna...I think.

Adam...a.k.a. ahem....ND;-)
Adam
Adski got it spot on. Mrs ND has a '99 Laguna 1.6 RN 16v. We were looking for either a van or a 4x4 but this meets both needs on every count.

Laguna will be on Autotrader by the weekend.
Oooh! Oooh! I found it! I found it! - Citroënian {P}
Best of luck with it in Autotrader!

--
Lee
MINI adventure in progress