What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Goodyear F1 VS Pirelli 6000 - WipeOut
Hi,

My Pirelli 6000's have done nearly 40K miles on my Volvo S60 D5 and they are due for replacement. I'm generally happy with the tyres but I remember reading a good report about the Goodyear F1. It would be nice to have a bit more grip, but I don't want excessively soft compounds, increased road noise and a harsh ride.

Does anybody have any experience with the Goodyear F1? How do they compare with the Pirelli; wear, grip, noise, comfort etc? Are they worth the extra money. Any other recommendations. I'm not a "petrol head", but I do drive reasonable fast, I want a good all round tyre.

I think the size is 205/55/R16

Regards WipeOut
Goodyear F1 VS Pirelli 6000 - Andy P
The Goodyear F1 uses a soft compound, and will probably last less that half what you achieved with P6000s. If you want good grip with good wear, have a look at the Bridgestone RE720.

Andy
Goodyear F1 VS Pirelli 6000 - Cyd
I've almost worn my fingers out singing the praises of F1s on this forum, so I'm not going to repeat it here - use the search facility.

I have them on a Rover 820 Vitesse Sport (similar performance to the S60 T5) and I THOROUGHLY RECOMMEND them. I've done 20k on them so far and look like getting 30k+.
Goodyear F1 VS Pirelli 6000 - deslynam
There's no contest between the two, the F1s GD2s or GD3s (new version) are far superior.
Bridgestone SO2s are also good for grip, as are Toyo Proxies :-)
Goodyear F1 VS Pirelli 6000 - LeePower
If your after a very good tyre for grip & a very long life span, have a look at the Michelin Pilot Primacys.

Ive had Pirelli P6000 before on the same car & they where rubbish against the Michelins.
Cyd,

I did a search on the forum before raising the question, but couldn't find anything. Could you give me the URL of the thread?

Thanks WipeOut
Goodyear F1 VS Pirelli 6000 - Cyd
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=10...3

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=12...3

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=22...9

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=20...3

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=77...1

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=77...2

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=66...6

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=67...5

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=71...3

The search facility is at
www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.php?url=/forum/search.h...m

If you type 'goodyear F1' into the message body box and select technical forum only you'll come up with loads more than above.
Thanks,

In error I did a site search and not a forum search, hence why I couldn't find anything.

Thanks again WipeOut
Goodyear F1 VS Pirelli 6000 - quizman
I have put Pirelli P7's on my Passat which has improved the handling and grip. So I would recommend these.