2001 Y Reg SEAT Leon 1.4 16V S - NickS
Im currently considereing purchasing the above and would appreciate some advice. Its Black, done 82K (problem?) and asking priice is £4250. Any thought on whether this is reasonable buy and is the 1.4 75BHP really big enough to shift a car this size? Cheers in advance!
2001 Y Reg SEAT Leon 1.4 16V S - Stuartli
The Leon is basically a Golf but with better handling so, presumably, it will struggle just as the 1.4 Golf does because of the heavy body.

The mileage, however, won't be a problem providing there is a proper service history, especially oil and filter changes - VW engines are built to run reliably for many, many thousands of miles if properly looked after.

What is a problem is the asking price..:-)

These are the Wh-- C-r valuations for a Y reg:

Dealer £3,702, Private £3,313, Part Ex £2,884, Trade £2,774 (Cost New £9,815)

X regs are a little less.

2001 Y Reg SEAT Leon 1.4 16V S - DavidHM
The What Car? valuations might be the problem... that Leon is the cheapest 2001 on AutoTrader so for the dealer suggested price to be £500 less is simply ridiculous.

Others, admittedly with lower mileages, are nearer £6k and I wouldn't be shocked to see it advertised at £4995 to be honest.

Is a 1.4 big enough to move a car this size? Not having driven one, but having driven a 1.6 Golf and Focus and found them just barely acceptable, I wouldn't consider one, because of my driving style, but if you are a potterer then I guess it would be reasonable.
2001 Y Reg SEAT Leon 1.4 16V S - daveyK_UK
seen them go as little as 3200 with high mileage at auction (cant remember engine or plate). 1.4 is adequate with decent mpg. The power output is low for a 1.4, most other 1.4's hit 90 bhp plus easily.
2001 Y Reg SEAT Leon 1.4 16V S - DavidHM
£1k cheaper, a year older, at auction, rather than from a dealer - this dealer's still got his £500+ in there... I can believe that, but that doesn't make this particular car overpriced at retail.
2001 Y Reg SEAT Leon 1.4 16V S - Stuartli
Parker's comes up with £5,815 (dealer) for a 30k example. AutoTrader uses the What Car prices link as given earlier.