What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Nother one of my mad BMW questions... - Rebecca
A passer-by stopped me today and said he is having a row with the local BMW dealership over the leather seats in his 325. When you lower the rear armrest, one side of the gap in the rear seats is leather, the other side appears to be suede (or leather put on back to front?) So I checked mine (318) and it's the same. Passer-by maintains it's been put together wrong, I can't say I'm all that bothered, but I am intrigued.

I know there are other backroomers who confess to owning BMW's - does anyone have leather seats? Couldn't check yours for me could you?

What about other cars with leather seats? Are they the same?
Re: Nother one of my mad BMW questions... - Ian Aspinall
"A passer-by stopped me today and said he is having a row with the local BMW dealership over the leather seats in his 325."

Does this sort of thing happen to you often, Rebecca?!? The only times passers-by stop me is to ask me if I can spare the price of a cuppa or to tell me that Jesus is my saviour, never to discuss BMW upholstery. I'm feeling left out now :-(
Re: Nother one of my mad BMW questions... - Rebecca
Well I did assume he was a nutter when he came up to the car...and I have since realised that my clockwork routine would make me prime stalker-fodder, so I will be doing something about that!

PS I particularly attract nutters and those selling heather who have 'something very important to tell me.'

Maybe Jesus doesn't want me for a sunbeam after all.
Re: Nother one of my mad BMW questions... - Alastair
I am concerned that nutters are now interested in the motor car. I usually end up with them next to me on busses, tubes and trains.
Was he playing sweet music on a 4 string guitar ? Oh yes, you said 'Jesus wants me for a sunbeam'.
Re: Nother one of my mad BMW questions... - Mark (Brazil)
my 540i was exactly the same way. I never did find out why, but at least I now know it was deliberate.
Re: Nother one of my mad BMW questions... - John Slaughter
Sorry Rebecca, my BMW has fabric seats. I'll check my neighbours car, though, when I see him. Neigbours are getting worried about us. We bought similar BMW's a few days apart (no collusion), and he's recently obtained a '59 Minor.

Intrigued by the revised heather sellers pitch. Round here it's still 'Want some lucky white heather?' Maybe your lot have had the time honoured reponse 'If it's so lucky why don't you have a better job?'

Regards
But I would still like to know if the leather seats are normal (honestly!)
Re: Nother one of my mad BMW questions... - Jonathan
Perhaps this is a design - so that it won't rub and squeak.

Jonathan
Re: Roots - pugugly
Jesus didn't want me for a Sunbeam either....................THE DEVIL TOOK ME FOR A PORSCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Re: Nother one of my mad BMW questions... - richard turpin
R reg 328 Touring, leather on both sides of the rear armrest.
Richard - can you check the gap in the rear seat when the armrest is down - not the armrest itself.

Thanks!
Re: Nother one of my mad BMW questions... - Dave
Rebecca wrote:
>
> A passer-by stopped me today and said he is having a row with
> the local BMW dealership over the leather seats in his 325.
> When you lower the rear armrest, one side of the gap in the
> rear seats is leather, the other side appears to be suede (or
> leather put on back to front?) So I checked mine (318) and
> it's the same. Passer-by maintains it's been put together
> wrong, I can't say I'm all that bothered, but I am intrigued.

I know exactly what I'm doing next time I see a fit bird in a BMW with hide interior...
Re: Nother one of my mad BMW questions... - Dan J
I'd be careful there Dave, tempting though it is people have been arrested for lesser things...
dave - didn't get him anywhere though - you'll need another plan methinks
Re: Nother one of my mad BMW questions... - Richard Hall
I once bought some 'lucky' heather. Two days later I was made redundant. I went to ask for my money back, but the heather seller was no longer there - a bit like some cheap backstreet car dealers?
Re: Nother one of my mad BMW questions... - Darcy Kitchin
Our MD has a '98 523 in doom blue with blue-grey leather and this car's rear armrest opening is correctly upholstered; I checked this afternoon. Didn't tell him why I wanted his keys, but saw him peering out of upstairs window. He wouldn't understand even if I did explain ...