306Dturbo '96 speedo etc not working.... - puggydt

Also the temp gauge, reversing lights, coolant level lamp. The ECU lamp is on very faintly & so is the coolant temp warning lamp.

I've replaced the fuse that feeds these (No.12 (10A)) but as soon as ignition is switched on the fuse blows, sometimes it's ok until the engine actually first fires up.

On top of this I've having to get the radiator replaced due to a massive leak."Quality on wheels" NOT !

Cheers for any help.

Adi
306Dturbo '96 speedo etc not working.... - solara
check for poor earth connection.
The earth connection for the dash etc is under the drivers footwell, somwehere near the relays, on the bulkhead wall.
Cheers for the replies, I will check the earth, etc next week, as I'm working all weekend.

I had a alarm put in a few years ago, the said they had problems with c\locking, so they supposedly renewed the wire to the drivers door. The soldered connections are in the drivers side footwell. I've checked them for solder spikes etc, they seem ok.

They seemed to have put a few nicks in a couple of wires that go through the tube from the body to the door (drivers side).

I can't see this area being a problem, can you ?
306Dturbo '96 speedo etc not working.... - r1ch1e
has the leak got into the multiplug in the engine bay? sounds as though you have a really bad short somewhere.
To be honest the fans stopped working @ some point, before the above problems.

But recently as I lost a lot of coolant, they started working again, luckily.

Havn't had this mulitplug apart yet.
306Dturbo '96 speedo etc not working.... - DL
Door looms (near the hinges) givew frequent trouble on 306's - another *fun* area!

There is a repair harness available from Peugeot, about £40.

Not saying this is the trouble here, bit it is worth a look.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
I can now replace the fuse, and it may hold for a while, then suddenly blow.

The radiator has been replaced now. Had to take it back though as ,surprise suprise there was a leak on the bayonet connection and they didn't replace the rubber ring.

Radiator seems ok now, touching wood, well for 2-3years anyway.
Just out of curiosity where abouts is the coolant level sensor, temp sensor ?

If only I could get to the bottom of this poxy 10A fuse blowing.
Aaaaarrrhhhh !!!

Cheers