What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford KA acceleration MW radio noise - marcusm
Hi
Wonder if someone can help..

Got my Ford KA3 roof skin replaced recently and since then Ive noticed MW radio interference occuring when I put my foot down.. Have they not connected the roof aerial back up properly or something? Its only MW, FM works fine. Anybody any ideas?

Cheers
Marcus
Ford KA acceleration MW radio noise - Algernon
There may have been some sort of electrical bonding which did not get put back, but it seems most likely that the aerial has not been properly reconnected as you suggest. Is it possible to have a look and see if the cable outer screen has been left floating?
Ford KA acceleration MW radio noise - Altea Ego
The new aerial is not correctly earthed. Probably not correctly cleaned underneath or making good contact to the roof.
Thanks!!

Best regards
Marcus
Hi Algernon
Id love to be able to, but Im not technical at all in the kind of thing sadly.. I think Id need to get the inside "roof" out to see underneath but its all too well sealed and I wouldnt have a clue how to, looks like a big job to me..

But thanks for our help, thats great!

Best regards
Marcus
Ford KA acceleration MW radio noise - Civic8
I think you will find if the aerial was a problem FM would not be perfect.Fm is more sensitive to a bad aerial connection than MW.have you had any work done under the bonnet.it sounds more like suppressor prob to me.?
Ford KA acceleration MW radio noise - Altea Ego
It entirely depends on the type and source of interference. FM is susceptible to pulse intererence (ignition), AM to lower frequency noise. AM also amplifies noise in direct relation to poor signal quality. Aerial earth problems give classic poor AM signal quality and susbsequent rise in noise.

Car Aerials are a much better match to FM than AM where a short aerial has little chance of matching any proportion of the AM wavelength.

This problem could even go as deeply as poor bonding of the new roof skin, which will only show up later as galvanic corrosion at the seams.

Given that its cropped up after the Roof skin was changed, then Aerial erth is 90% chance of cause.