What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
More ammo for HJ - colin
Knowing HJs opinion of Renault, I think he might enjoy this little tale.

Just returned from holiday in France (you know, those people who love the British so much). Rented a Laguna - having asked for a Vectra. Nice car but whilst there I managed to achieve a blow out on a front tyre (don't ask). No problem, thought I, there's a full size spare, and the car has only done 3k kms. Aha, but there's a pictogram on the dash which indicates useful things like "there's a door not closed", "a tyre is overinflated", "a tyre is underinflated", etc, etc. After replacing the wheel with the spare, this indicated that I was running on three wheels!

There are small senders on the valve of each tyre - which signal the computer - but not on the spare! The sender is one of those devices which apparently has to be set up by a Renault dealer (remember the old Ford non-standard spanners?), so is not readily transferable. Therefore no chance of buying your new tyre or having your puncture repaired by Quickfit or similar, you have to patronise the main agent. And, guess what, the job costs much more!

Are there any other motors which boast this wonderful technology?
Re: More ammo for HJ - T lucas
Doubt it will work after 18 months/60,000 miles,just another nail in those splendid Renault residuals.
Re: More ammo for HJ - Andy Bairsto
If the are the same as caravns it is a band round the wheel with a enclosed sender ,the spare does not have this when you take the punctured tyre for replacement or repair there is no problem and no extra cost.
Re: More ammo for HJ - colin
No, Andy, its a special valve insert with a weird looking thread. Incidentally, the one for each wheel is colour coded differently!