What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
imported car warranty - focusman
i have been looking at a focus zetec auto, 4000 miles on a 03 plate. it was brought in from jersey when 6 months old, it is now 12 months old. garage selling said car say it has 2 years ford warranty left. can i expect any problems getting warranty work done. has anyone been in similar situations and did it get resolved.
thanks
imported car warranty - owen
I beleive that Ford warranties are Pan-european, so there are no problems with imported cars. A friend of mine has just bought a 12 month old fiesta imported from Jersey, and believes the warranty is unaffected by this, although he hasn't had to test this yet.
imported car warranty - googolplex
If they are Pan-european, then so be it but, to the best of my knowledge, Ford only offers a 2 year warranty to European cars. The third year only applies in the UK to cars bought through the main dealer. My car, bought through trade sales and therefore an "import", has a 2 year warranty.
Splodgeface
imported car warranty - focusman
update - rang ford uk, customer services, as long as it serviced in accordance with warranty rules etc. everything is ok