What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Audi A8 W12 - SjB {P}
Just read the news at www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/index.htm?news_id=1402 , and echo what it says.

A friend of mine in the Czech Republic has one of the last \'old shape\' A8 W12 models, and it is one helluva piece of kit. I can but imagine what the new one is like. Performance is not in the SLR league that I was lucky enough to sample a few weeks ago, but it is by orders of magnitude the most impressive exec saloon that I have ever travelled in. A full bore standing start in deep snow on top of sheet ice gave drama free acceleration to rival my 2.4T Volvo in the dry, with nothing but chattering of anti wheel spin devices to say how hard the car was working to keep the driver out of trouble. In the dry, the way it serenely picked up its skirts and flew, totally drama free, was just as impressive. The built-in phone system is the best I have used of any car (though a colleague\'s Merc runs it close), and the list of gadgets would fill an encyclopedia. Remote controlled air conditioning and heating to prepare the interior environment before you arrive to get back in, anyone?
New Audi A8 W12 - daveyjp
Apart from the dealer I've only seen one on the road - a 4.0 TDi. The way it picked up after entering the dual carriageway from a sliproad looked outstanding.
New Audi A8 W12 - No Do$h
Makes you wonder why VW bothered with the Phaeton. If my drive was big enough, I'd be after an older A8 like a shot. As it is, I'm going to be wasting an Audi dealer's time on Saturday by scratching the itch that is the A6 Allroad and taking one for an extended testdrive.

I'm praying I don't like it so I can put that little fantasy in the bin and get back to reality, as opposed to re-running all my cashflow projections to take account of a whopping great lease payment each month.
New Audi A8 W12 - Altea Ego
Mr Doshless. Another monica to be changed I reckon, For someone with no dosh you have, and hanker after, more toys - automotive and electronic than anyone else I know. (well apart from Mark)

Ever heard of irony? ;o) ND
New Audi A8 W12 - Mapmaker
RF: How do you know Mrs ND's Christian name - and why does ND have to change her?

ND: Lucky you don't throw your toys out of the pram ever; just think how big it would have to be.
ND: Lucky you don't throw your toys out of the pram
ever; just think how big it would have to be.

I should think that Mark, Dave and HJ have just redecorated their screens with coffee. If only you knew......
New Audi A8 W12 - Mapmaker
ND: like one of these?

1996 AUDI A8 4.2 Quattro Tiptronic Sport Spec.,
Dark Metallic Blue, Alarm, Full Audi service history. Fully loaded. Every extra. Climate control. White leather. Polished alloys. Electric blind. Electric seats. HiFi. And more. Mint. £4995.

That car was £51k new, excluding extras! I've put my name down for it in 3 years time...
It was all going so well until I got the the words "polished alloys". Polished alloys??? Bling-bling, gonna get me a sub so I can play some dub, sorted, know what I mean? I'm a gangsta, I am.

New Audi A8 W12 - DavidHM
Yes, but white leather?
Yeah, difficult to get the blood stains out of, I would have thought. Still, hides the nose-candy spillages when you get pulled over for a stop-and-search for the umpteenth time.
Far too many electrickery bits for you cartographer.
"Ever heard of irony? ;o) ND"

Ah I see!