What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
For attn of Martyn (Mod) - Dan
Martyn,
I'm part of a community power forum with 'some' money to spend on web/communication aids for the loocal commoonity. The back room software/service as a discussion forum looks like it might have some use to this end.
How can l find out more about:
Where and who provides this service?
Prices?
What's entailed in general maintenance and how etc....?

Any info/pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Dan
Re: For attn of Martyn (Mod) - Mark (Brazil)
Dan - mail him direct. Find one of his replies, he always includes his e-mail address at the top.

M.
Re: For attn of Martyn (Mod) - Dan J
phorum.org/ as at the bottom of the page. I looked into it myself for my own website but all requires too much maintenance for what is essentially a small website but perhaps right for you? Phorum is free by the way!
Re: For attn of Martyn (Mod) - Martyn [Back Room moderator]
Hi Dan

As Dan J has already said, the software we use is Phorum. It *is* free of charge, and a number of quite small groups use it. But as Dan J implies, it does take a bit of setting up. It also requires that the server which hosts the community forum runs on a particular type of software too.

By far the easiest to use of the free software suites for this purpose is wwwboard. I know that Matt is still working on version 3 (www.wwwboard.com), but version 2 is excellent. Have a look at an example at www.brill.com/wwwboard/.

[PS Thanks, Mark, for the redirection]