What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Speeding Fines - Charles
A colleague of mine has been caught speeding in the West Midlands. £60 Fixed Penalty Fine and NO points on his licence (he didn't have to hand it in).
Sounds strange to me or have the rules changed to a more continental system?
Re: Speeding Fines - Andrew Bairsto
when you say caught speeding do you mean by camara or by plod himself.
Re: Speeding Fines - Charles
By on board video camera in a police car I believe
Re: Speeding Fines - Andrew Bairsto
they have the option to do nothing ,give a fine a warning or a fine and points .It justs depends how they feel that day.
Many thanks Andrew, I'll pass your info on
Re: Speeding Fines - Jon
im not sure of that.

I thought that the police could either give a caution or a NIP. If a NIP is given then a fine AND points must ensue. It isnt down to the individual policeperson to determine whether the get a fine, or a fine and points, that is the job of the CPS and the magistrate.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Jon
Re: Speeding Fines - Stuart B
Was the section of road in a temporary limit eg roadworks? There is anecdotal evidence from a colleague that in such case you get the fine but not the points. That was the cae with him and have no reason to doubt his word.
Re: Speeding Fines - John Slaughter
Stuart

I've heard this is the case with temporary speed limits.

Regards

John
Re: Speeding Fines - steve hw
I've also only had a fine and no points for doing 60 mph in a temp. 50 mph section of roadworks on the m62 about 8 years ago.
Steve
There wasn't a temporary speed limit in force.
Re: Speeding Fines - Dwight Van-Driver
Charles

I think your freind is telling you porkies.

If I recall correctly, Plod takes your Driving Licence if he issues a FPT for speeding so that the points can be entered and Licence sent back to you.

Something wrong somewhere. Don't tell C/Supt Roberts, Clevepol..........