What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Civic - Dart charge - DCmusic

Just received a fine for Dart charge for my wife's car. This is for the 3rd September at 9.40 at night. As we live in North Wales and have not been down south for years by car what do we do about it? She was at work until 4.30pm on that day and then came home. I cannot seem to get any sense out of the website at all as they assume you're guilty. The car was parked all day at her school but there is no cctv, and then driven home and left outside till the next morning. What do we need to do? They said its £2.50 as its a first ever crossing, but if its happened once it could happen again. Would appreciate the steps to take!

Honda Civic - Dart charge - Falkirk Bairn

Report to Police that it is likely a clone number plated car is in the London Area.

Honda Civic - Dart charge - Brit_in_Germany

More likely that the computer system misread the number from the camera image. Do they provide a photo if you ask for it?

The photo which should show the plate is a black box as its late at night. I ran an mot check last night and changed the reg from 56 to 58 and it showed a blue Audi. I'm going to appeal it and hope they see sense. Unfortunately the dashcam from the 3rd is overwritten but I managed to get the next day showing the car on the A55 in the morning at 9.30am.

Honda Civic - Dart charge - Bromptonaut

In my experience they're pretty good in dealing with problems. I had Dart Charge account ever since they moved to the camera system but it was initially suspended and then closed after the pandemic as we didn't use it for 12months.

I twigged that there was no payment after using the QE2 bridge in 2022 but was late paying and got a PCN which was cancelled with the usual 'don't do it again knuckle wrap'.

I'd contact them ASAP and see if they will accept it's a mix up and resolve it informally. If you need to go 'all the way' with an appeal the Tribunal is very good and fair.

Honda Civic - Dart charge - Andrew-T

Bromp - knuckle wrap'. ??.

:-))

Honda Civic - Dart charge - FP

It's an alternative to a knuckle sandwich.

Honda Civic - Dart charge - Bromptonaut

It's been my experience on at least 3 occasions where either me or my OH has inadvertently messed up charges for parking or similar, Dart as above and 2 mess ups with registrations, that they let you off but with a strong warning not to do it again.

Now at appeal. NorthWales police have recorded it as a clone problem and gave us a crime reference number. However the person spoken to on the phone wouldn't budge and said it looked like our car (which hes never seen) and that he could see the reg. Obviously they have better photos than the one sent to us which doesn't show even the number plate as its so unclear. Apparently we might have wanted to drive one way over the crossing on a Tuesday night all the way from Wales! I can think of better 10 hour round trips without stopping....

It's at appeal. I'll update with what happens next.

Honda Civic - Dart charge - focussed

Report to Police that it is likely a clone number plated car is in the London Area.

It happened to me years ago - report it to police and get a crime number - quote that number on any correspondence.