What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CR-V - Will Zafira wheels fit my 2009 Honda CRV? - LeeLee83
Hi.
My 2009 Honda CR-V needs four tires, 225/65 R17, for its MOT.

Cheapest I can get them is £300 for 4.

There are some people close by selling 4 wheels with tires & tread for £100.

One set is from a Zafira.

If they are 5-stud and 17”, will they be OK on my CR-V?
And will all 17” 5-stud wheels fit?

If anyone has any other advice, I’ll happily take it.
The tires I have now are 225/65 R17.
Thanks.
Honda CR-V - Will Zafira wheels fit my 2009 Honda CRV? - gordonbennet

No, you don't give the year of the Zaf, but generally

Zafira wheels PCD 5 x 110, bore 65.1mm, offset typically ET35

Honda wheels PCD 5 x 114.3, bore 64.1, offest typically ET50

PCD (basically a compass line going through the centre of the bolt holes) is the basic requirement needed.

Some wheels from different cars can be fitted but its not a common thing, unfortunately you are in the same boat as i, an uncommon and relativey expensive tyre size.

If you've got a helpful tyre fitter you could always buy those wheels/tyres get them swapped over and flog the Zaf wheels on, sometimes its easier to sell bare wheels and tyres not on wheels....but are the tyres the same size as your requirements? if not you best not going swapping tyre sizes unless the alternative is listed as suitable on the tyre label on your car or in the handbook.

Edited by gordonbennet on 27/08/2024 at 14:24

Thank you.
I get what you mean.

There’s someone selling 4 tires for £100 that are my size as well. Only… they haven’t replied to my message!!!

Once again, thank you.
This answer is a lot clearer than every thing I’ve Googled!
Honda CR-V - Will Zafira wheels fit my 2009 Honda CRV? - Engineer Andy
Thank you. I get what you mean. There’s someone selling 4 tires for £100 that are my size as well. Only… they haven’t replied to my message!!! Once again, thank you. This answer is a lot clearer than every thing I’ve Googled!

Be careful about buying used tyres - whilst some may be fine, unless you've (or got an independent fitter to do so) had the inspected, you cannot be sure whether they are genuine or safe to use (note that how old they are can also make a big difference).

One someone may be selling a set of tyres because they are up/down sizing their own vehicle's alloys and may be perfectly fine, I would always be wary, especially if that person wasn't exactly 'around the corner' and you needed to make a long trip to inspect them, or pay a significant amount to either have them couriered to you or you drove there to pick them up in person.

Not so bad if it's a local or friend / relative you implicitly trust.

Also bear in mind that unless you're about to part company with the car and the existing tyres have to be replaced in order for it to pass its MOT very soon, then it's probably worth paying a bit more and getting decent quality tyres than of some cheapo brand.

You obviously won't want to pay £150 each and get the best on the market, but there may be some reasonably-priced (in comparison) mid-range tyre (many of which are sub-brands of the premium makes and are almost as good) or a 'premium branded' one on a temporary discount at a tyre fitter / outlet.

Some outlets will sell you tyres 'mail order' and you could then have them fitted at / by whoever you want if the fitting price is cheaper and they give a good service.

Have a look at www.tyrereviews.com/ for group tests and user reviews or tyres for either your car's exact size or by the car itself. Some tyres may fit but, from the reviews, may not work well, others may be highly regarded.

Obviously not all may be available, given some may have gone out of production or are only available abroad, as the site is a worldwide one, though more geared to Europe and is run by a very nice British chap called Jon, who will answer questions via its forum.

Your car's unusual sized tyre may count against you here, as lower popularity means higher cost, lower choice and/or often only older designed tyres are available.

Best of luck.

Hi - I got the four tires. Took a punt.
Was a 140 mile round trip - knocked the seller down to £90.
Took them to a tire fitter and paid £50 to have them fitted.
The fitter said I’d got a bargain as they looked goods
Went on well.
£140, 3 gallons of fuel and about 3 hours for four Nankang Winter tires fitted.
Now I just need the rest of the MOT work done.
Honda CR-V - Will Zafira wheels fit my 2009 Honda CRV? - gordonbennet
Hi - I got the four tires. Took a punt. Was a 140 mile round trip - knocked the seller down to £90. Took them to a tire fitter and paid £50 to have them fitted. The fitter said I’d got a bargain as they looked goods Went on well. £140, 3 gallons of fuel and about 3 hours for four Nankang Winter tires fitted. Now I just need the rest of the MOT work done.

Result, well done, enjoy the softer ride on winter spec.

And thanks for updating the thread, too often here people ask for and get advice and then vanish.

Honda CR-V - Will Zafira wheels fit my 2009 Honda CRV? - Adampr

You need to know the PCD (space between the studs) and offset (how far the wheel sticks out from the hub).

With the right PCD, they will go on, but they may hit the bodywork or something else if the offset is wrong.