Skoda Enyaq - Replacing a C-Max with a PHEV or BEV - iFocus

Hi all,

We are about to replace our aging C-Max with a PHEV or BEV.

We have around £19-20,000 but we've been spoilt by the space of our C-Max especially the boot space, although cabin space is a little limited.

Are there any comparable cars size wise, especially boot space?

We've been looking at Enyaq's but the back seats seem a lot smaller.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Skoda Enyaq - Replacing a C-Max with a PHEV or BEV - badbusdriver

Re the Enyaq, I'd be very surprised indeed if there was less interior and boot space than a C-Max. Stated boot volume for the C-Max is 470 litres, for the Enyaq it is 585 litres. As for interior space, one of the most telling factors between two cars with broadly similar proportions (rather than one having a very long bonnet for example) is wheelbase (the distance between front and rear wheels). The Skoda has en extra 11.5 cm over the C-Max!. I suspect the way the pics you saw were taken is responsible for the apparently cramped rear seats, but best thing would be to go and have a look at one in the flesh.

But if practicality is your thing, I'd point you in the direction of the Citroen Berlingo, Peugeot Rifter and Vauxhall Combo Life. All three are the same cars barring badges and some minor styling and trim differences, and all three are available as EV's.

Seeing as you are looking at EV's, I trust you do have off street parking for your own charging point?. Otherwise, I wouldn't be considering an EV (unless your annual mileage was very low).

Re the Enyaq, I'd be very surprised indeed if there was less interior and boot space than a C-Max. Stated boot volume for the C-Max is 470 litres, for the Enyaq it is 585 litres. As for interior space, one of the most telling factors between two cars with broadly similar proportions (rather than one having a very long bonnet for example) is wheelbase (the distance between front and rear wheels). The Skoda has en extra 11.5 cm over the C-Max!. I suspect the way the pics you saw were taken is responsible for the apparently cramped rear seats, but best thing would be to go and have a look at one in the flesh.

But if practicality is your thing, I'd point you in the direction of the Citroen Berlingo, Peugeot Rifter and Vauxhall Combo Life. All three are the same cars barring badges and some minor styling and trim differences, and all three are available as EV's.

Seeing as you are looking at EV's, I trust you do have off street parking for your own charging point?. Otherwise, I wouldn't be considering an EV (unless your annual mileage was very low).

For some reason I thought the C-Max boot was bigger, some sites say 470l and others 660l. All I know is the C-Max boot is massive.

In terms of cabin space, the Enyaq is bigger than the C-Max, especially leg room and over all but the Enyaq is narrower across with the C-Max accommodating 3 adults across whereas the Enyaq doesn't. This matters is we have 2 booster seats and want an adult to be able to sit between.

My wife hates the van derived cars and personally I don't like the look of them either.

We do have off road parking and are about to get a charge point installed in readiness too. Probably going to go for an Ohme installed by Octopus.

Skoda Enyaq - Replacing a C-Max with a PHEV or BEV - SLO76
Big fan of the Enyaq. Ideal big family car, but the best way to get one is via a workplace lease scheme where you’re essentially renting using pre tax income. This makes all the difference when considering new or used.

If that’s not an option here then the big problem comes with the cost of buying one with a battery pack big enough to make it a usable family car rather than a local runner and commuter. Most you’ll see on sale at £20k or less will be 60kwh examples and the range isn’t quite enough in my opinion to serve as a main family car. Public charging is still unreliable and far far too costly so you really need to be able to avoid it as much as possible to make the economics of the notion work. The 77kwh or 83kwh models make a fair difference to the viability of it as a family car.
Skoda Enyaq - Replacing a C-Max with a PHEV or BEV - badbusdriver

For some reason I thought the C-Max boot was bigger, some sites say 470l and others 660l. All I know is the C-Max boot is massive.

If you reckon the boot in your C-Max is in the area of 600 litres, I'd be thinking your car is actually a Grand C-Max . With 3rd row seats folded, this would have around 600 litres.

In terms of cabin space, the Enyaq is bigger than the C-Max, especially leg room and over all but the Enyaq is narrower across with the C-Max accommodating 3 adults across whereas the Enyaq doesn't. This matters is we have 2 booster seats and want an adult to be able to sit between.

i'd be interested to know where you are getting your info from?. The figures I can find show the Enyaq to be wider across the cabin at shoulder level (albeit by only 61mm). And while the centre seat in the rear of the enyaq isn't "sculpted", the base doesn't have a "hump" either.

As for child seats, if you get a car with 3 Isofix points on the rear seats, the adult would be able to sit at the side, presumably more comfortable than being hemmed in by two child seats?.

Skoda Enyaq - Replacing a C-Max with a PHEV or BEV - Ethan Edwards

Had you considered the Hyundai Ioniq5? Or the Kia EV6? All a close match for the Enyaq but with 800v architecture they'll charge faster on high powered public chargers.

If you reckon the boot in your C-Max is in the area of 600 litres, I'd be thinking your car is actually a Grand C-Max . With 3rd row seats folded, this would have around 600 litres.

i'd be interested to know where you are getting your info from?. The figures I can find show the Enyaq to be wider across the cabin at shoulder level (albeit by only 61mm). And while the centre seat in the rear of the enyaq isn't "sculpted", the base doesn't have a "hump" either.

As for child seats, if you get a car with 3 Isofix points on the rear seats, the adult would be able to sit at the side, presumably more comfortable than being hemmed in by two child seats?.

Getting my info from sitting in an Enyaq with 2 narrow child seats in place from my own car. There’s definitely more space width ways in the interior.
Skoda Enyaq - Replacing a C-Max with a PHEV or BEV - Adampr

If you want a massive PHEV that isn't based on a van, a Volvo XC90 should work. It would be a high miler at your budget.