What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh - Jane
I have owned my new Honda Jazz for exactly 3 weeks now.

I washed it today and discovered a nice dent in one of the rear door panels caused, judging from the shape of it, by some kind person smacking their door into it at some point....thanks for that.

To top it off, I went up to my local Halfords to get some wax to sort out the minor scratches that had also appeared in the dent and having got there parked well away from other cars. On returning to Jazz I discovered that not only had it been surrounded by other cars but was also covered in bird muck. Drove home seething, was wiping muck off car and discovered a nice fresh scratch on my wing mirror that definitely hadn\'t been there 30 mins ago when I washed it. (cue blood pressure elevation and steam emanating from ears.)

I never had this problem with my old Fiesta with its black plastic bumpers and wing mirrors.

Damn you body coloured wing mirrors/bumpers and damn you inconsiderate motorists

Rant over :o/

Am feeling a little better now

What\'s for supper?

Fill what\'s empty, empty what\'s full and scratch where it itches!
Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh - PhilW
Blimey, that made me jump!
But understand your frustration. If the wax doesn't bring out the scratch there is some T-cut stuff which is very gentle for metallics - made by Turtle Wax I think - which I have found to be good. Can't remember exactly what it's called and it's out in my cold dark shed! - but if you need details, post again. There have also been several threads on here about dent removal - have a look on forum search.
Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh - Martin Wall
Might be worth getting the black plastic rubbing strips fitted to the side of your Jazz? I think Honda do these as an accessory (no doubt overpriced)...
The sad thing is is that I did pay extra for the things....damn door of other car opened just at the point where the plastic strip narrows before the door frame!!! Sods law me thinks!

:o`

Fill what\'s empty, empty what\'s full and scratch where it itches!
Thanks for the reply Phil.

I bought some stuff called Safe Cut by Turtle Wax, (which is what I was doing when the wing mirror got dinged), that's for minor scratches I did look at the coloured Turtle Wax which comes with it's own lipstick but that said it was more for deep scratches and stone chips. Will see how safe cut goes.

As for the dent, I popped into the Honda dealer with a querie about something else and he took a look at the dent. He said that because it isn't in the centre of the door panel it'll be harder to get rid of it. It is about 2 inches from the join with the front door so, according to him, is where the metal is doubled up which'll make dent removal harder.

I'm more fussed about the scratches than the dent as I definititely don't want a rusty car anytime soon so will be making them my top priority.

C'est la vie!

Fill what's empty, empty what's full and scratch where it itches!
Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh - paulb {P}
I sympathise - parked my car in an almost-deserted car park near here first thing this morning, came back to it an hour later to discover that some Person had, while I was away, dinged my driver's side door with their own door, leaving a crease from door handle to rubbing strip with dents either end.

No other car was parked anywhere near mine, so I reckon someone came up and parked beside me, did that, thought "Whoops" and then parked somewhere else to avoid detection (the car park was still pretty empty).

I am prepared to believe (charitably) that the wind must have caught their door and banged it into mine, but even so, their door must have really thumped into mine to dent it that much.

I know it's a minor knock but it's a) people's lack of consideration and b) the fact that I had hoped that the car would reach a greater age than 4 months before being damaged that annoy me.
Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh - Andrew-T
Jane - you confirm a theory I am developing that a car is most dent-prone immediately after purchase. I don't think much of this is due to the owner's unfamiliarity, but it certainly applies to used cars, as that is all I have ever had. Just rest assured that things will get better.
Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh - Maurice
I know exactly how you feel. I bought a new Mazda 6 last May. Within 3 months I had a dent in both rear doors (both removed by a dent removal costing £35 each) and then some plaster fell from my roof during a gale onto my car parked in the drive, resulting in a large scratch. The local Chipsway company filled and resprayed the damged area for £65.

I had owned my previous car for nearly 8 years which in that time had one small dent in one of the rear doors. I had received more damage in three months with my new car than in three years with my old car. At the time I wished that I hadn't bought a new car and had kept my old one.
Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh - PhilW
"As for the dent, I popped into the Honda dealer with a querie about something else and he took a look at the dent. He said that because it isn't in the centre of the door panel it'll be harder to get rid of it. It is about 2 inches from the join with the front door so, according to him, is where the metal is doubled up which'll make dent removal harder."

Sod's law ain't it. And whereas probably nobody else will notice it, I bet you look at it every time you use your nice new car!
Safe-cut is the product I was thinking of. The ones with their own "lipstick" never seem to match and don't seem to work anyway!
Good luck
Phil
Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh - matt35 {P}
Jane,

BBC Essex website today;

"Black Ford Fiesta left A127, hit a tree and rolled over.
16 year old girl and young man killed - third person in Hospital"

Trust me, I know how you feel about numpties damaging our cars, but everything is relative ?

Matt35.
Argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh - puntoo
Wait one year and get the nice person from Chipsaway to come around and fill all the scratches and remove all the dents.