What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ferrari 500 Mondial - Bargain - Adampr

if only I'd know about this before the auction. A snip at $2m.

rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/mo23/monterey/lots/r005...7

Ferrari 500 Mondial - Bargain - badbusdriver

Bit of T-Cut and some elbow grease is all that's needed!

Ferrari 500 Mondial - Bargain - Engineer Andy

Never heard the words Ferrari and bargain in the same sentence! :-)

Looks like a lottery win is in order.

Ferrari 500 Mondial - Bargain - badbusdriver

Once upon a time, the other Mondial actually was a bargain (in Ferrari terms). Of course it wasn't really a looker, being mid engined and having rear seats meant rather awkward proportions. The earliest 1980-82 versions were not that fast either with 214bhp pulling well over 1400kg, though the last of them in 1993 were packing 300bhp.

I'm sure I remember them starting around £10k for a decent example, but maybe £35-40k now.

Ferrari 500 Mondial - Bargain - Adampr

Once upon a time, the other Mondial actually was a bargain (in Ferrari terms). Of course it wasn't really a looker, being mid engined and having rear seats meant rather awkward proportions. The earliest 1980-82 versions were not that fast either with 214bhp pulling well over 1400kg, though the last of them in 1993 were packing 300bhp.

I'm sure I remember them starting around £10k for a decent example, but maybe £35-40k now.

The 'bargain' (i.e. the same.price as a Mondial but newer and better) these day is the 456.

Edited by Adampr on 20/08/2023 at 21:28