10 year old corsa issue - Gazza9755

Morning All.

Have a 10 year old corsa with about 130k miles on the clock. Did a 400 mile journey yesterday and pulled over for a break. When engine restarted power steering wasnt working and can't get above 2000rpm. Coolant was spilling from the middle of the car and none showing in coolant reservoir. Ended up getting towed home. I have readded some coolant but clearly an issue. Power steering seems to be working but still cannot get above 2000 rpm. Unsure if its safe to drive to a garage or if i need to get towed there. When ticking over sounds different to the norm.

10 year old corsa issue - elekie&a/c doctor
What engine do you have? Petrol diesel?

Sorry - diesel

Probably got the Fiat multi jet engine. Loss of coolant and lack of power doesn’t sound promising. I wouldn’t drive it . Get it lifted to a garage .

Eurgh!! Thanks for replying though much appreciated.

Annoyingly was gonna sell it a few weeks ago, chance it screwed the engine? Debating the cost of another recovery

Sounds terminal to me . Not worth repairing tbh .
10 year old corsa issue - mickyh7

So you've lost some coolant and the car has gone into Limp Mode.

Might be as simple as a split pipe.

Backstreet garage for a cheap look first.

People make a living buying cars like yours for peanuts, fixing them cheaply and reselling them.

10 year old corsa issue - Adampr

Eurgh!! Thanks for replying though much appreciated.

Annoyingly was gonna sell it a few weeks ago, chance it screwed the engine? Debating the cost of another recovery

Something is up with crank or the accessory/serpentine belt. You lost the power steering because the PAS pump lost drive and overheated because the same happened with the water pump.

It would be worth having a little poke around to make sure the belt is there and hooked up to everything properly. It may be that the RPM limit is just limp mode.

Either way, it's worth getting it towed to the nearest garage surely?

Electric power steering on these , so probably not the belt .

Managed to get a local to come have a look. Pressure tested coolant and found no issue. Suspects could be unrelated to the power issue. He has taken it away so will await the news (cost!). Thanks All