What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Carmad 10000
Hey,

I thought I would start a new thread which will hopefully last some time.

What was the worst car made within the last 10 years - so between 1994 to date?

This should be interesting....

Please post your car's in the following message format:

---------------------------------------------------------------
EXAMPLE

Make: FORD
Model: FIESTA
Year made: 1995

Your reasons: put your text here
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Wilco {P}
Rover
City Car

....dons flame suit and beats a hasty retreat.....
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Phoenicks
Oh thats good Artful!!!!

Alternatively: Lada Samara, Yugo Sana, Perodua Nippa....
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Phoenicks
p.s Reason: Do i really need to say??!!
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - NitroBurner
BMW E39...
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - bradgate
Pls explain, Nitro.
Nope, sorry bradgate!

1996 Ford Fiesta 'Classic' 1.3.

When Ford introduced the transformed Fiesta with the nippy handling and excellent 16v Zetec engines in the mid 90's, they continued to produce the old model for a couple of years under the laughable name of Fiesta Classic. My partner's employer provided her with a shiny new one as her company car. Lucky girl!

These cars had an ancient pushrod engine, stone age gearbox and suspension, horribly uncomfortable seats and a grotty 70's style interior. The 'Fester' was indescribably awful to drive, with all the performance and refinement of a 1973 British Leyland Allegro.

The Fiesta Classic was the last genuinely carp Ford (until the Fusion, anyway). It simply defies belief that a major manufacturer could sell such a car in 1996. Makes me shudder to remember it.

The worst car made in the last 10 years? - DavidHM
I think we should probably limit this to cars introduced within the last ten years, for the simple reason that otherwise we'll be arguing the relatie merits of cars that were left over from Communism that just about made it into 1994, e.g., Lada.

Although even by that method, the FSO Caro gets in. Basically a rehashed Polonez, itself based I think on the platform and mechanicals of a 60s Fiat. Ugly and

So

Make: FSO
Model: CARO
Year made: 1996
Link: tinyurl.com/2hp2q

Others might be the Suzuki X90 (pointless two seat, two wheel drive cutesy Vitara size thing with no handling, space, performance, style or practicality to speak of). It looked like a poached egg, mainly in purple, and no bloke could ever drive it.

rockpile4x4.tripod.com/X90.html

And sorry, the CityRover and Streetwise might both be candidates in the future.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - pmh
Was the Caro a model in its own right?

If you look at the picture you will see the caption Caro, but the label on the card says Polonez!

Was the Polonez a model or a make?

pmh (was peter)
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Thommo
Rover 75.

Looks like an upturned bathtub, built by Red Robboes grandchildren, depreciation like falling off a cliff and adorned with more fake walnut and polyester carpets than Warren Beatty's pad in 1970.

Just horrid.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - v0n
Was the Polonez a model or a make

The maker was FSO (Fabryka Samochodov Osobowych) from Poland
The model was Polonez
Type and trim level was Caro
At the time local dealer could also offer Atu (sedan) and Kombi.
An awful rehash of Fiat 125 from mid seventies with outrageous appetite for petrol and handling cpmparable to sinking Titanic.

The saddest part - I know it because I had misfortune of driving them...
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - jc33
I have a candidate for not only the worst car to be still in production (sorry DavidHM) 'in the last 10 years', but possibly 'of all time'.

Make: Austin/MG
Model: Maestro
Reason:
There is nothing right about this car. Referring to it as a car is generous. The only good thing about it is that it actually makes me laugh whenever I see one wallowing along the road.
Ah. If we're breaking the rules then Austin Metro for the engine alone...
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Ian (Cape Town)
They were never available in this country.
However, i see one around occasionally, which means somebody must have imported it. Why? I don't know ...
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - daveyjp
All correct, but it was essentially the same car that was introduced in about 1988 - so it's too old to be included in the list.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - daveyjp
The Fiesta Classic that is!
I was answering the original question, 'The worst car made in the last 10 years'
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Ian (Cape Town)
I expecta certain gentleman from RLBS to pop in and tell us about Solihull's finest shortly ...
The Chrysler Neon gets my vote. Sluggish 3-speed auto, wallowing ride, tacky interior.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - stokie
Renault Megane
The styling...Yuk! Actually the Renault 4 was the last Renault with good styling IMHO
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Steve j
EXAMPLE

Make: Rover
Model: 200
Year made: before and after 1998

Your reasons: Build of the car and engine problems o and dealers
ROVER 200'S!!!!!!

Forget the car/engine problems what about the brakes? Discs inserted in to a space between the caliper and wheel but NOT pinioned, thus when the discs got thin you hit the brake pedal and they whooshed through the gap and out the back of the car. Happened to me once on the Kings Road on Saturday afternoon!

Vowed there and then never to buy Rover again.

The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Civic8
I disagree on that one.They were as good as any other car.the fact you may not have heard the warning sounds is not the cars fault.The pads have to wear extremely thin to fall out.I have not heard of it before but then most replace before the pads wear that far?
You've not heard of it before but you know all about it. Hmm...

You do not consider that a brake pad that is not actually pinioned is not a design fault or even a problem. Hmm...

You think that replacing pads before they wear out is a good thing. Hmm...

You didn't design this monster by any chance?
I have no intention ruining this thread.But do not agree that a non pinioned brake pad is dangerous. In case you forget safety is of the utmost importance as the pads on any car. From your reply kinda gather if the pads were pinioned you would have carried on driving. And what annoyes you is you had to buy new disc pads. again that is not the cars problem. That would go for any car.
>>>You think that replacing pads before they wear out is a good thing.<<< .Don`t you?
You are deliberately mis-interpreting what I wrote. Obviously I expect to replace consumable items such as brake pads.

What annoys me is that this car contains a design fault that means that the pads can be ejected from the car when the brake pedal is pushed. This is OBVIOUSLY highly dangerous.

I examined the whole matter in detail and concluded that brake pads had to be replaced when between 1/2 and 3/4 worn to avoid any possibility of this occuring, and this is what I would have done if I had not got shot of the car pronto. I am happy that you can afford to replace consumable items on your car when they are only part used, I can not.

Before buying the car it would never have occurred to me that anyone could build a car in this manner, nor to ask 'is there some device by which the brake pads are secured to the car'.

Can you tell me any other car that is built in this manner, I really wish to know so that I can avoid them.
You are deliberately mis-interpreting what I wrote. Obviously I expect to replace consumable items such as brake pads.

I have no reason to think so.But do from the post think not replaced before manufactures recomendations.ie around 3mm minimum wear.?

What annoys me is that this car contains a design fault that means that the pads can be ejected from the car when the brake pedal is pushed. This is OBVIOUSLY highly dangerous.

I have no reason to believe this car has a design fault unless anyone else can correct me on this.If so I will apologise.

I examined the whole matter in detail and concluded that brake pads had to be replaced when between 1/2 and 3/4 worn to avoid any possibility of this occuring, and this is what I would have done if I had not got shot of the car pronto. I am happy that you can afford to replace consumable items on your car when they are only part used, I can not.

>>I am happy that you can afford to replace consumable items on your car when they are only part used,<<
As a matter of interest I didn`t say that.The figure`s you mention and not me.Is a rough guide.

Before buying the car it would never have occurred to me that anyone could build a car in this manner, nor to ask 'is there some device by which the brake pads are secured to the car'.

the pads are secured safely to the brake calliper the fact that
you mentioned bad wear on the disc plus bad wear on pad is no reason to blame the car most replace disc and pad as a matter of safety before any severe wear occurs.we all say we cannot afford it but what would you say to another person that had no brakes that crashed into you.There are those that don`t.And try to make it out as a design fault.I don`t doubt you are sincere but should look closely at what manufacturer or manual says.
This exchange does seem to be becoming pointless.

If you wish to defend this car that is your right. For me any car where it is possible under any circumstances for the brake pads to be ejected in such a manner is inherently unsafe. Simple as that.

The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Hawesy1982
As previously mentioned, 1996 Ford Fiesta Classic *Quartz*

As if putting 'Quartz' on the end improved it!

1.1 litre 44bhp means 0-60 in 17.9 seconds, top speed quoted as 88mph (although 110mph was briefly seen once on a biiiiiiiig hill), it feels like you sit 'on' rather than 'in' the seat....

However i passed my driving test in my mum's one, as the whole car was so loose to drive compared to the new BSM ones it was more or less impossible to mess up gear changes etc.
Also it hasn't had many reliability problems...

Ok, i'll change my nomination to 'Worst DRIVERS car in the last 10 years'
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Mike H
Vauxhall Vectra for me. It frightened me at the way it felt totally disconnected from the road on fast corners, whilst offering rubbish seats and negligible springing on the SRi I was unfortunately given as a hire car whilst my own car (not a Vauxhall) was in the dealership long term. I've never hated a car so much.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - patently
Absolutely. A Vectra was inflicted on me while my car was in the workshop. It was the only car that I have ever felt carsick in while driving.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - GS
1997 Vectra V6 SRi. Mike H, I agree with your every word. The memory of the "disconnected" steering and cornering instability still haunts me after six years.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - BazzaBear {P}
What about the new Vectra? It nearly deserves the title purely for those indicators.....
Out of interest, odes anyone know of a crash caused by them? I can't imagine there hasn't been one.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - John Shelton
Got to be the Yugo 55"A" the "A" stood for American spec, Americans have never heard of Ladas but the Yugo....You bet!
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Armitage Shanks{P}
THE 12 worst second-hand cars on the market have been exposed in a survey of drivers.

Almost 33,000 motorists were asked by the Consumers' Association to rate their vehicles for reliability, safety, performance and security.

The "dodgy dozen" to avoid are: Citroën Saxo; Fiat Brava; Fiat Bravo; Ford Galaxy; Mitsubishi Carisma; Peugeot 106; Peugeot 406; Renault Laguna; Seat Alhambra; Vauxhall Omega; Vauxhall Vectra; and VW Sharan.

The Peugeot 406 is lambasted as "almost certain to let you down", while the Citroën Saxo stands accused of "failing to make the grade for safety, security or performance".

The Vauxhall Vectra has "lots of problems", according to the report in the CA's Which? magazine.

The VW Sharan, Seat Alhambra and Ford Galaxy have "very poor reliability", while the Renault Laguna is singled out for "exceptionally poor reliability".

Among the best buys identified by the survey are the Toyota Yaris, Ford Focus, Honda Jazz and Audi A4.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Sheepy-by-the-Sea
Nissan Serena - especially Diesel

I had a 2.3 diesel as a company 'car' (the only 7 seater in my price range - I'd have been better having one of the kids put down). Slow as a snail, noisy, hopeless in cross-winds, with a name which tries to suggest Serenity!!!!!
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Maz
I despise the Metro and the Maestro is ugly but harmless. But at least they offer budget motoring for those unconcerned with image.

For me, the Vauxhall Frontera is the worst affront to motoring of recent times. Those adverts of it being dragged up waterfalls drive me mad. Owners are happy if it gets to the end of the high street without one of the myriad documented faults rearing their uglies.

It's a cynical lifestyle excercise for people without style and very little life. Bottom of a JD power survey, it's only saving grace is my feeling of 'serve you right' as I whizz past another owner stranded in the rugged wilderness - of the hard shoulder.

I could go on, but I'm not sure it's healthy.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Adam {P}
On the subject of the Frontera, is it true that due to the plethora of electrical faults that sometimes they used to burst into flames? I'm sure I heard of one of my Dad's colleagues buying a new one only to find 3 weeks later that it was a big fire risk when it did in fact...catch fire... Nasty

--
"Give Way"? Wait....I know this one...give me a minute
.....worst car? I know it's breaking the rules but can I mention the new Golf?

Reason: Sheer Ugliness...and does anyone else think that at some angles it looks like what you'd expect a Corsa to look like next year? Especially the headlights....No? Just me then.
--
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - peterb
"Nissan Serena - especially Diesel"

0-60 time in minutes.

I once followed one of these off a roundabout on to a straight NSL single carriageway and I could have stopped for petrol in the time it took the Serena to get up to speed.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - madf
almost all BMWs for looks: such brilliant engineering let down by plain, bland or downright ugly styling..

Now just look at any E36 BMW 3 series now it is secondhand: do they appeal? Would you want to be seen in one? (dead or alive)..

Course not.. if you are a driver of taste and refinement who likes a car to look appealing..

As for the X5, a bus on wheels.. the New 5 series from the side looks as if someone missed some panels on the boot where the rear lights are...and the 7 series proves people who buy them have more money than taste.

madf

The worst car made in the last 10 years? - NorthernKev {P}
Citroen Saxo
Any age

Because it's not really a car, it's a car shaped pile of PFD and people until it was replaced were paying good money for half a car. Nothin was good about it, it looked awful, inside and out, drives terribly and seemed rather reluctant to stop. I had the misfurtune of learning to drive in one for a while, it nearly put me off driving.

Oh and neds like them, need I say more? No your car is still a horse's intestine content and it's gunna go even slower now you've weighed it down by neon lights and stupid extra body work, me pushing a fireplace backwards could go faster.

Truely the 'modern' Maestro

Oh, and it broke down, quite a bit... [which was a good thing, as you didn't have to drive it and you hopefully got a hire car...]

Kev
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Nsar
Kangoo.
The precision handling of a hot air balloon, the thirst of a stoker on the Titanic, the interior of sensory deprivation cell and (for a car designed for city centres) a tailgate that requires six foot of clear space if you want to open it without getting a thump in the knackers if you're standing behind it.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - terryb
Come on Kev, stop beating around the bush and say what you mean!
Terry
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Morris Ox
Frontera and Merc V-class, cynically marketed third-rate products both.
I've changed my mind.... the Vauxhall Zafira. It lacks something.....oh yes - everything that makes a car a car. I do believe as well that Top Gear said it was the worst car ever many years ago and although I disagree with everything (almost) that Jeremy Clarkson hates and likes, he was onto something when he voted for the Zafira. Sorry...
--
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Welliesorter
I thought it was the Vectra that Clarkson so famously disliked, making him persona non grata in Luton.

A quick Google reveals that he actually damns the Zafira with faint praise: he grudgingly admits it's not a bad car but he would be embarrassed to be seen in one. See tinyurl.com/ytlrq .
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - hxj

Well almost 4 years ago when my Zafira was new someone came up to me and asked what its most exciting points were. I'm still trying to think of an answer!

I suppose its a bit like me, boring. But the big mistake is that people equate boring with bad. In the Zafira's case boring is practical and sensible, no its not a race car, but then it can carry all six of us to the mother-in-law's with all the junk that four kids need all inside the car, and then we can take her out with us when we are there. On second thoughts maybe that is not a selling point.

The worst car, never, the best car, judged on what you need, rather than what you want, quite possibly.
hxj - many, many people who have bought Multiplas, Scenics etc etc would agree with you wholeheartedly.

IMHO, this thread is not seeking nominations of cars that are a disappointment to those who want driving thrills. It seeks cars that are aimed squarely at a particulary segment but fail spectacularly to meet the needs of that segment.

Thus, an MPV or estate would be at risk of nomination if it had no space inside, not because its handling was lacklustre and its performance was glacial. Likewise, a sports car would be nominateable (is that a word?) if it didn't go fast, but not if its boot was tiny or even absent.

So, in that spirit, my vote is for the Montego. A mid-range repmobile that lacked both style and reliability and which (in my experience) couldn't keep up on the motorway, all of which are prerequisites for its niche.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Burnout2
Another vote for the Nissan Serena, this time the 2.0 petrol which I used to drive occasionally. Stunningly dreadful in every respect, dynamics that put one in mind of a jelly sliding off a plate, and I can only imagine the awfulness of the even slower versions. Reliability the sole +ve attribute.

The fact that, after driving it, I was always pleased to get back into my own crime against automotive design, a 1991 1.3 Escort, says it all.

The worst car made in the last 10 years? - T Lucas
I don't know if its a really bad car or just plain sad,but i would have to nominate the Vauxhall Signum,what is that all about?
OK, what about the AMC Pacer?

I remember Motor magazine's headline - "We test the Pacer and wish we hadn't"...

I think it only produced about 120bhp from its 4 Litre engine; now that takes some doing!

Would love to drive one to experience the naffness!
OOPS - sorry, that was more than 10yrs ago, but never mind...
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Armitage Shanks{P}
Also over 10 years old but bears metion as a totally idiotic bit of "thinking" - a Montego with the 1.3 engine out of a Mini! I bet they didn't sell many and I bet the residuals were typical Rover ie low!
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - mark999
Mercedes V Class for sure. The Caravelle is much better but will cost a couple of grand less than a boxter.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Ben79
Citroen Saxo
Any age

Okay, lots of Saxos are tarted up, but they are still a good basic small car. Lots of fun to drive, even the 1.1\'s, brakes need to be properly adjusted to be good, when correct emergency stops at over national speed limit should be stress free.

I owned a Saxo for 10months, it wasn\'t 100% reliable, but it was fun. Even today having owned a Xsara and a C5 (spot the pattern) the Saxo is a delight to drive, sure many cars beat it for speed, handling, comfort, safety and looks but the Saxo still makes all 6\'3 and size 14 feet of me smile.

Everyone else says I shouldn\'t fit, but I do!
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - NowWheels
I nominate any SUV.

Thirsty and wasteful, less comfortable than a real car, dangerous to others in a crash, and usually dangerous to occupants as well, too high for others to see over.

I suspect SUV drivers won't like that answer :(
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - LongDriver {P}
And, in recent years, when did the CA or their tweed-capped geriatric subscribers ACTUALLY have any idea what they were talking about???
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - tunacat
Hmmm,

'Good' cars: Yaris, Focus, Jazz, Lexus IS200, old Primera...

'Not Good' cars: Bravo/a, Laguna, Vectra, SharAlaxy, Serena...

Seems to me that the CA seem to agree pretty well with other such surveys by JD Power, Top Gear, Auto Express etc, and the general consensus of BackRoomers' recommendations when people ask "Should I buy X, or Y?"

I might wear a tweed cap, but I don't think I'm quite geriatric yet at 38.

The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Ford Dagenham
Hawesy1982.

the correct Bhp is 50bhp.

Fiestas are very good cars to drive.

I have driven my wife\'s car around the country e.g. from london to scotland on more than one occasion and it goes faster than you quote.

I have i admit done 95 on the motorway before in it with still more to go and the speed is correct before i get any people asking as i have done a speed test with another car and driver.

Iam sorry to act like this iam only defending what has to be a good car.

Kind Regards.
Martin Winters

The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Hawesy1982
Martin (Ford Dagenham)

Whilst i don't doubt your pedigree with a username like that, but i just dug the manual out, and it does indeed state 88mph top speed and 44bhp - it is a '96 N just pre-facelift 1.1 Classic Quartz - hope that helps.

Note that i did alter my tone slightly towards the end in stating that it does nothing disastrously badly as a shopping cart, but i promise you that on a flat motorway it could not hold 90mph (i did try!), and often could not go fast enough up a hill to keep up with the fast lane traffic!
Hello

Iam sorry but you are wrong the engine power is 50bhp i have all the brochures i collect them.

I have held 95 on a motorway easily (pre injection model).

Those newer models were heavily laden with catylists and airbags etc.

But i can promise that the engine power is 50 because the carb version is 54.

The 1 litre (999cc is 45bhp)

Check the car by car breakdown for proof.

Regards
Martin W
hello again.

Read it carefully as the brochure for that year and a few fellow car dealers/mechanics that i know state 50bhp for the 1.1i and 54BHP for the carb model.

Regards.
Martin Winters.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - barney100
Seat Marbella..had one as a loan car...awful
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - mike hannon
Just found this thread - can I just go back to the FSO (sorry).
I used to write road tests for a living and the FSO certainly was the worst motor I ever drove (I once owned a Wartburg, which was actually quite a good piece of kit!). The FSO dealer on my patch was a guy called Button - I think he may have been Jenson's dad - he told me FSOs were for people who wanted a new number plate but couldn't afford a real car...
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - paulc924
Previous Hyundai Coupe. The body designer should have been shot. I have to cover my eyes when I see one coming. The present one is much nicer.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Hugo {P}
"I don't believe it!" (Victor Meldrew type voice here)

Not a single direct mention of the Discovery! And there was me thinking that the backroom was a haven for anti Discovery fanatics!

In fact - no Land Rovers were mentioned here at all!

OK there was one reference to SUVs by No Wheels so I suppose we 4x4 bully truck drivers didn't get away completely! :)

Also, no mention of the Lada Riva that was shipped to the UK until 1996 I believe. Having said that I truly believe that it is still one of the best smaller engined towing cars around. My 1/2 tonne twin axle trailer with a tonne of sand was no real problem for my 1500 E with a dodgy clutch. Top speed and economy is sacraficed though (not to mention image, unless they can claim a cult status!).

Out of the more modern cars I would have to second the Zafira. Truly a diesel car with the acceleration and charisma of an aardvark. I had to drive one of these disgusting things for 3 days on a business trip.

For sheer uglyness, the Fiat Multipla (looks like a pekanese that has run into a bus) has to be my close second. Having said that I understand that the looks are among its few failings, and people that have them are very happy with them.

I agree with the Fontera comments. Even the Disco seems like a Ferrari when compared to this snail.

OK so it may barely qualify, but the Montego, now there was a car that was very sought after in the diesel version, until they started to rust and then the bottom fell out of the market.

BTW I like the rover 75. It's the 600s I thought were terrible. I rode in one once and the road noise was awful.

My vote is for those so called micro cars. being 6ft 4inches I am not a great fan of cars that make you feel that unsafe on ANY road, let alone the motorway. I should imagine they are like driving a C5 (Sinclairs version not the Citroen), only that you can't jump off it in a hurry!

There are my thoughts.
My business partner has a Disco, but he does at least live in a converted farmhouse at the end of a dirt track so is sort of entitled to a 4WD.

Mind you, the ignition lock barrel has failed twice, each time meaning a callout to LR Assistance. Best of all, the bolts holing the spare wheel onto the back of his "rugged" "off-road" four wheel drive vehicle couldn't take the strain of driving over the dirt track every day and uncerimoniously dropped the spare wheel in the mud behind him.

Three weeks later, still waiting for an LR dealer to pull their finger out and think of a way to fix it. Meanwhile the spare is in the boot. So much for the ample interior space; next time someone tells me the Disco is spacious I'll point out that it needs to be in order to hold all the bits that fall off.

He usually takes the train for any journey longer than a few miles, btw..... nuff said
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - alex

Make: Kia
Model: Magentis
Year: current

I nominate South Korea's Kia Magentis.

Why Kia bothers to export such a heap of a vehicle to
today's sophisticated European market defies belief.

www.kia.co.uk
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - tunacat
Never driven one, but every review I've ever read comes away surprised, saying it's actually not bad/quite good.

Same goes for the Perodua Kelisa.

As for underwhelming new designs - how about the Peugeot 307? Apart from in safety, did that actually make much advance in any area over the 306, or any of its competitors also on sale at its launch?

The worst car made in the last 10 years? - DavidHM
Sorry, can't be the Magentis. Admittedly it's not a Mondeo (and if you miss out on the big discounts available, you could be paying Mondeo money) but apart from that ridiculous grille on the newest versions, it's no worse than a Pug 406 for example.

The 307 is a fairly underwhelming car that doesn't really advance the art, but it was the first car (along with the Civic) to match the Focus for practicality and take on the mini-MPV styling themes. No classic, sure, but not exactly bad, just not remotely interesting in any way.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - DavidVince
Nissan Serena 2.3 Diesel - terrible engine and mpg.
However, in its defence, probably the best driving position i have found in a people carrier to date.
Others to mention...

Vauxhall - Vectra

Ford - Fusion

Fiat - Brava

Peugeot - 405
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - peterb
"Peugeot - 405"

Surprising?
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - DavidVince
Why the 405 in my understanding is an unreliable reck.
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - malteser
I've just seen my first Porsche Cayenne Turbo. Now there's an UGLY car!
It looks as though a ten tonne weight was dropped on it in manufacture! YUK
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Nsar
malteser - you might enjoy a look at www.sniffpetrol.com whose authors simply hate the cayenne (along with many other cars) - but warning - if you don't like very strong language and extreme sarcasm, you'll probably be offended.
BTW I agree on the Cayenne it looms like a RAV4 on steroids (as if that was great place to start...)
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - elekie&a/c doctor
After 30 years in the motor trade ,I think it is a shared prize;Vauxhall Sintra & Mercedes V class.(I would rather have a Cortina)!!!
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Hugo {P}
I think on reflection I would vote for the Fontera or any product of IBC (GM/Isuzu joint vanture that also turn out Isuzu 4x4s)

Why, becase they are a miriad of impending disasters.

Driving one makes the Disco seem like a Lambo.

The GM backup, from what I can gather was more interested in wriggling out of the warranty.

A number of owners have had to resort to court action to get the problems fixed and the manufacturers have had plenty of bad publicity on the box over the last 10 years

Hugo
The worst car made in the last 10 years? - Bagpuss
Based on recent hire car experiences in the USA and Europe I have 3 nominations:

Chevrolet Blazer. Huge 4x4 with minimal interior space, appalling ride and handling, a dashboard made of recycled egg boxes and a lethargic and thirsty V8 engine mated to what seemed to be a 3 speed autobox. There was a sticker warning the driver never to engage 4 wheel drive on dry tarmac, though when I tried it out I couldn't detect any difference whatsoever to the driving characteristics.

Lincoln Town Car. A "luxury" car apparently but one with a creaky dashboard and uncomfortable seats that, contrary to first appearance, turned out to be leather not PVC. Once again the amount of interior space is out of all proportion to the road space occupied and the driving is characterised by what car magazines used to call "bump steer".

Vauxhall Vectra. I had one for a week whilst on business in Southern England and can only assume since there are so many in the UK that these things are very cheap to buy, as I can't think why you'd want one instead of a Mondeo or Passat. Various interesting solutions to nonexistant problems such as the notorious indicator and wiper stalks could not abate the overwhelming ordinariness.