Intermittent Wipe fault - Ford Scorpio - frostbite
My inter wipe started giving \'two for the price of one\' last week and is now giving constant wipe.

Anyone know if I stand a chance of fixing myself? It\'s a 15yo Scorpio, so not going to get any real money spent on it.
Intermittent Wipe fault - Ford Scorpio - Victorbox
When it was still under warranty my Cavalier would stop the wipers anywhere on the screen after using intermittent or wash wipe. The dealer replaced the relay in the fuse box controlling this function and all was well. However even now, 15 years later, very occasionally this new relay will give three for the price of one. It may be your Scorpio has a similar relay controlling the intermittent wipe which is now open circuit or similar.
Intermittent Wipe fault - Ford Scorpio - mgk luton beds
your cav now needs wiper sw you are catching wipe/wash not intermittent but not long enough to get a wash relay is set to min 3 wipes even on the shortest wash
ex vaux tech
fbillytom@ntlworld.com
Intermittent Wipe fault - Ford Scorpio - Peter D
If it parks correctly I would go for the Intermittent wipe relay. This relay is only supposed to be on for 0.5 to 1 second to trigger the wiper that should then self park. Scrap yard 2 to 3 £. Regards Peter
Intermittent Wipe fault - Ford Scorpio - Victorbox
You may be right, but it only does it once in a blue moon when you flick the wiper switch up and back for a single wipe. It has done it since the relay was changed in April 1989 when the car and hence the wiper switch were one month old, so I'll live with it.