Parked car heaters - any news? - Oz
I know it's a perennial thread, but I would be interested to learn any latest experience of Backroomers with parked car heaters, whether of the Kenlowe variety (in-line coolant heater powered from the 240V mains), or Webasto (burns the car's own fuel in an auxiliary heater).
As I understand it both types heat both the coolant and vehicle interior, but the Webasto unit is stand-alone - doesn't need a mains connection and can be remote controlled or even phone controlled.
Benefits of a pre-warmed car are obviously both for the occupants and for the car itself.
Oz (as was)
Parked car heaters - any news? - paulc924
I used the Kenlowe type with great success on two diesel Cavaliers. The greatest benefit being the instant demisting/defrosting on a very cold morning. Unfortunately I could not use it on my 306 because there's no room for it. My son has just got a turbodiesel Cavalier and he will now benefit from it .Cheers
Parked car heaters - any news? - Ford Dagenham
Hello.

How much do the basic models cost.

Kind Regards.
Martin Winters
Parked car heaters - any news? - Dwight Van Driver
In the region of 230 pounds.

www.kenlowe.com

DVD
Parked car heaters - any news? - gcds
I have a Kenlowe heater for a Cavalier still in its box. Free to anyone who wants it.
Parked car heaters - any news? - pmh
I would be happy to pay postage or collect from Home counties North (Essex thro Bucks). I will install in daughters car which tends to be problematic in the winter.

Please Email me (see my profile) or call 07711614568

pmh (was peter)
Parked car heaters - any news? - Oz
Glad to hear of your good experience Paul. I know it makes sense but two things deter me:
1) I have a BMW 320d and have never actually seen the engine (I raise the bonnet very regularly but it's hiding under the panelling!). Therefore am personally reluctant to tackle what should be a simple task.
2) Likely compromise of the vehicle's warranty by fitting a 3rd party component.
Oz (as was)