What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Discount for those renewing/changing - Breakdown insurance - _

If you are changing or renewing in the next 30 days

try this

www.startrescue.co.uk/breakdown-cover/quick-quote-...o

17% discount.

Discount for those renewing/changing - Breakdown insurance - KB.

Good spot there ... although for two people (for example 'man and wife' or 'person and partner' if that's more acceptable) on "Personal Cover" i.e. driving a car each and covering 'national recovery' and 'home start' the cost of £104.30 is still a good bit dearer than £63.64 with Autoaid for the same cover.

Discount for those renewing/changing - Breakdown insurance - bathtub tom

Suggest you look at MSE.

Discount for those renewing/changing - Breakdown insurance - KB.

Suggest you look at MSE.

Don't know why you didn't mention the alternative provider but presume you're talking about Eversure Gold for £57.50. Wouldn't have thought it was forbidden to mention it.

Must admit it's a new name to me but I'm all for saving a few shillings and if it turns out to be as good - or better - than Autoaid then I''l look again next renewal.

Autoaid have been going for many years (I've been with them since 1984) and I'd be reasonably confident if I had a breakdown and needed them.

Trustpilot has more good reviews than bad but it was said in a reply by the company that "Personal Cover" allows for a maximum age of car of 15yrs not 16 as is inferred on the introductory page.

The other thing that I'm not so keen on is the lack of a facility to phone them. It says you can't. If Eversure is cheaper than Autoaid by just a fiver then, on the face of it, I'd pay the extra fiver in order to be able to ring them if I needed to .... BUT, it seems the age limit for the vehicle of 15 years with Eversure is better than Autoaid who charge you £25 per breakdown if the car IS over 10.

EDIT. I just looked on the MSE forum and also at some more of the Trustpilot replies from the company to people who write to compain about problems. I think I'll stick with Autoaid, thank you.

Edited by KB. on 01/06/2023 at 01:13

Discount for those renewing/changing - Breakdown insurance - Steveieb

Currently with AA through Nationwide Flex Account but the story from Times on line entitled “ The computer says no “;referring to their writer being left stranded after a tyre blowout on the M 5 unless she paid an additional £330 got me thinking I need to be back with Start.

So ORB Van you post the link for the discount code please.

Your link only pushes you to the normal quote site

Discount for those renewing/changing - Breakdown insurance - Steveieb

Turns out the journalist wasn’t entirely forthcoming with the true story.

She had a AA Gold Card which entitles the holder to discounts but only when they buy breakdown cover.

Still the resulting comments made me realise that I don’t fancy waiting in the queue at their relay stations for the next free truck , so I’ve rejoined Start who came out to my friend in 25 minutes when he reported a failed water pump on their APP

Other friends took 14 hours to be recover by the AA from Dover to Northampton using the relay service and others 3 hours after breaking down on a motorway roundabout