What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Top Gear - Paul
What about bringing back the lad from Manchester who rode bikes.

Always struck me as a northen Mike Brewer {of CH4's driven}.

Much better than the current lot - what was his name anyway?
Re: Top Gear - Ash Phillips
Steve Berry.
Re: Top Gear - Bill Doodson
Rather you didnt.

When he tested the Hyabusa and they showed it on an air strip somewhere being speed tested upto (He claimed) 200mph on the clock, who ever was on the bike at "200" was wearing different gloves than those worn by Steve Berry. I used to have the video of it.

Bill
Re: Top Gear - christopher watson
the thing that gets me is, who on earth will ever do 200 mph. you get pulled over if you do 80 mph, so its obvious you will go to jail if you try 200 mph.
Re: Top Gear - honest john
Apparently Gatso speed cameras don't register speeds quicker than 160mph because they can't take the two pictures fast enough. Laser speed cameras don't work at a distance unless they are mounted on a tripod. Seems a bit odd that you can get done for 75mph, but probably can't get done for 165mph unless they time you over a distance, in which case the officer's reaction times on the stopwatch switch could be challenged.

HJ
Re: Top Gear - John Slaughter
HJ

According to the local paper, a chap on a bike was booked near us on the A4 doing 140+ by using the police helicopter. I can only assume they used the VASCAR system and the white squares painted on the road.

regards

John
Re: Top Gear - honest john
VASCAR still depends on the officer's reaction times on the buttons. If he times it short, the average speed recorded increases.

HJ
Re: Top Gear - Someone Else
Steve Berry (pron Buri)