What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Peugeot 307 1.4 HDI - Tony
Has anyone experience of the Peugeot 307 with the new 1.4HDI engine? It would seem too small for such a heavy car, but at £900 less than the 2.0 HDI, it might be worth looking into especially if its like the new diesels ford are using in the Focus Ghia.

Also does anyone know if 307 are not selling. A couple of local dealers are offering aroud £1K off some models ?
Re: Peugeot 307 1.4 HDI - honest john
Every PSA car sells like mad once they get the price right.

HJ
Re: Peugeot 307 1.4 HDI - Nick Dixon
There are to be 2 versions of the 1.4 HDI: an 8-valve with 8-valve petrol performance (70bhp), and a 16-valve with 90bhp (on a par with a 16-valve petrol).

Curiously, last time I looked at Peugeot's web-site, the 1.4 HDI was on the price list, but there were still no official consumption figures, which seems unusual.
Can you actually go into a showroom and buy one yet?

70bhp might not sound much, but there's more torque from that engine than from many 1.6 petrols. It might not leap away from the traffic lights all that quickly, but I suspect for everyday driving it'll be fine.

Not too long ago, Mk3 Astras with a 1.4 petrol engine had either 60bhp or 82bhp; it's only recently that 90bhp became entry-level on cars that size, and I don't believe that everyone needs all that power. I suppose it depends on how old you are...

--
Nick