What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda - Peter
Heading eastbound on the M4 last night near Jct 18 I was overtaken by an unfamiliar Honda, light blue, S reg and called an 'Insight'.

Anyone come across them before?
Honda - tunacat
Yep: Half electric, half petrol.
Honda - footy_72
not as spooky as the Holden Maloo that overtook me at exactly the same place about 1 month ago.

A Holden Maloo is a pickup based on the Holden Commodore, which is the aussie version of our beloved Vauxhall Omega. 500bhp in a omega pickup, i love it!!!!
Honda - mal
It was more like a concept car, only 2 seats and a raft of batteries where the rear seats would be.
My local dealer had one and it took them a long time to shift it.
Honda - Altea Ego
You were overtaken on the M4 by a milkfloat?
Honda - Peter
RF(P)

Yup, the fastest milk float in the west, I was doing 70+ when it went past.

With Honda being in Swindon I wondered if it was a new model disguised & undergoing trials. For the short time I saw it I thought it looked like a 1970's idea of a futuristic car.

Peter
Honda's & LSR Milk Floats - Chas{P}
RF Milk floats are getting quicker! Here's the proof:

A NEW world land speed record was set at Bruntingthorpe Airfield by a team who have converted a milk float into the UK's fastest electric vehicle.

The cream of the milk float racing world bottled it out at the airfield with the Bluebird XDV team setting a new record of 73mph.
Their rivals, The Electric Dream Team, managed an average of 47mph, but it was not enough to take the crown.
Formula Three racer Richard Rozhan and stock car driver Daniel Hoffmann-Gill took control of their vehicles with Richard's £50,000 'urban delivery vehicle' easily beating Daniel's traditional float.
Al Clark, from the World Milk Float Speed Association, said the event had gone very well.
"We are delighted that a new speed record has been set and both teams are aiming to go even faster next time," he said.
"Bruntingthorpe is a great place to do this sort of thing because of the huge runway which meant that both floats could get up to some impressive speeds.
"At one point the BMW chase car had a job keeping up with them."
Both drivers were timed over a quarter-of-a-mile stretch of track.
Al, who was also part of The Electric Dream Team, said they were hoping to challenge again for the speed record as soon as possible.
He added: "We are confident with the vehicle and once we get one or two things sorted out I am sure we will be able to go quicker."

Ends.

BTW This is a genuine story from my local paper.

Charles