Suzuki S-Cross - advice re. selling - philonenko

Hello,

I'm planning to sell my 2014 Suzuki S-Cross and would appreciate some advice concerning the following dilemma. The car has a dent on the passenger back door (around 35x30cm). I'm having some insurance work done on the body next week and have received a quote of £450 + VAT to repair the dent at the same time. What I'm wondering is whether it makes more sense to pay the amount (which I think is reasonable compared to some other quotes I'd received in the past for repairing said dent) so as to find a buyer more easily or whether it is best to leave the dent as it is and settle for a lower asking price. I'm not trading in or buying a new model and ideally I would prefer to sell privately but I may have to use one of the online services (motorway, carwow, or similar) due to need for a quick sale. What would people on the forum advise? Thanks in advance!

Suzuki S-Cross - advice re. selling - Falkirk Bairn

A well prepared car - service history, no dents, a thorough clean, inside & out and a reasonably long MoT is a much easier sale.

A bit of effort needed to attract the buyer and a better sale price!!

Thanks Falkirk, my thoughts exactly! However, if I have to sell to motorway, carwow or other online service, wouldn't they try to knock back a few hundred quid anyway, especially if the repair is less than perfect?

Suzuki S-Cross - advice re. selling - Adampr

If you sell privately, it will sell much faster with the dent repaired.

No point fixing it if you're going to a car buying firm - they will repair 8t for less than half of what you're paying.

I would suggest you get a quote from WBAC as is and get a private sale estimate from Autotrader on the assumption it's repaired. If the difference is more than £450 it's probably worth repairing so you can try a private sale first.

At the moment, it might go quickly as a fairly efficient, reliable and practical car.

Thank you very much for this advice, Adampr, sounds really sensible!

Suzuki S-Cross - advice re. selling - veloceman
Can you not find a used door in colour from a breakers?

Hello and thanks for your suggestion. I've looked on ebay and on a couple of online breaker sites but unfortunately I haven't been able to find the right door.