VW BEETLE 2L yr2000 - VW What does engine coolant sensor mean - ilove-VWs
The amber check light came on just as I parked outside my house just now…
The diagnostic said
Engine coolant sensor? What does this mean what will happen will the car overheat
On my way to work tomorrow morning or should I not drive it? Help does anyone no what that
Message means
VW BEETLE 2L yr2000 - VW What does engine coolant sensor mean - elekie&a/c doctor
The engine computer has detected a fault with the sensor that monitors coolant temperature. Pretty common failure on these. It’s a cheap fix . Car is ok to drive , but you may find the engine doesn’t run correctly and fuel consumption may suffer. Shouldn’t have any issues with overheating.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 18/08/2022 at 20:04

VW BEETLE 2L yr2000 - VW What does engine coolant sensor mean - Big John

Check the coolant header tank - is the level between Min and Max? There is also a coolant level sensor within this tank.

Edited by Big John on 18/08/2022 at 21:26

VW BEETLE 2L yr2000 - VW What does engine coolant sensor mean - Cris_on_the_gas

I would think most likely the coolant level is a little to low. Have you got the owners manual, it will tell you in there and how to top up and check the level is between the min and max marks.

VW BEETLE 2L yr2000 - VW What does engine coolant sensor mean - edlithgow

Means you should have got an original, real one.

They don't have the technology.

VW BEETLE 2L yr2000 - VW What does engine coolant sensor mean - Brit_in_Germany

What's a real one though?

VW BEETLE 2L yr2000 - VW What does engine coolant sensor mean - galileo

An original Beetle, which would have an air-cooled engine, so no worries about coolant sensprs.

And you in_Germany too...

VW BEETLE 2L yr2000 - VW What does engine coolant sensor mean - Brit_in_Germany

I was thinking more along the lines of place of production. Do the ones from the Mexico plant count or only those from Wolfsburg?

I was thinking more along the lines of place of production. Do the ones from the Mexico plant count or only those from Wolfsburg?

Mexican Beetles were air cooled so the comment would apply to them.

As I understand it the neo-Beetle had Golf mechanicals squeezed in to a reminiscent body and was a design rather compromised by nostagia.