What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda jazz 2014 often has a single chime - tymongiffin

Hello, my 2014 Honda jazz recently regularly has a single chime after about 30 seconds when the car starts but there is no warning.

I just see on the control panel there is a blue temperature indicator that goes off after a while. Does anyone know what the cause is? Thank you!

Honda jazz 2014 often has a single chime - focussed

It's possible that the blue temperature indication is telling you the engine is not up to temperature.

The vehicle owner's handbook should have a section on instruments and warming lights and what they mean.

Honda jazz 2014 often has a single chime - Bolt

It's possible that the blue temperature indication is telling you the engine is not up to temperature.

Yes, It does, it takes a few minutes before it goes out, as it hasn`t got a temp gauge, only the light but that is what its for, Not really taken much notice of the single chime as I think it tells you no one has put the passenger seat belt on, I cant say I remember if it goes off when a person has put the belt on but will check later as I have a 2015 base model Jazz

Honda jazz 2014 often has a single chime - focussed

I've got a 2022 Dacia Duster 1.5 Idci blu etc and it's also got a blue light to tell me what I already know - that the engine is cold until it warms up, I can tell when it's warmed up by looking at the temperature gauge display.

Isn't modern technology wonderful!

Honda jazz 2014 often has a single chime - Bolt

I can tell when it's warmed up by looking at the temperature gauge display.

The base Jazz doesn`t have a temp display like most cars, just a blue light, so no need to be funny, bearing in mind not many read the manual to find out lol

Honda jazz 2014 often has a single chime - springyboy

Could this simply be that you have set the speed warning chime at a certain speed and when you exceed this speed the chime is heard ? Meant to help you avoid exceeding speed limits.