What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
An update - Attempted add ons. - Tyre replacements. - _

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=126350

I was getting my car done earlier in the week, and was told that one of the "fitters" who was an ex national chain fitter had been let go from that chain as he wasn't upselling enough..

They let him go too as he could not work without being told what to do. no initiative and too slow, Reminded me of the past discussion

An update - Attempted add ons. - Tyre replacements. - Theophilus

I didn't know that we now needed national chain fitters - thanks for the heads-up ORB.

I always used to fit my own chains in the rainy season in East Africa, though I'm not sure that I will ever need a national one here in the UK unless the winters turn very snowy.

Edited by Theophilus on 24/06/2022 at 18:17

An update - Attempted add ons. - Tyre replacements. - Terry W

They make little money on tyres as most folk search on line for the best price.

Upselling nitrogen and wheel alignment - then brake check, shock absorbers, wiper blades, battery etc is the only way.

Last time I had 2 tyres fitted I was told they had checked the alignment and just need adjustment for which the full alignment charge would be made. I declined - tyre wear had been completely normal and no sign of misalignment on the old tyres.