What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
MG sales - 3.85% market sales - _

9367 registrations this month,,

Didn't they do well?

MG sales - 3.85% market sales - thunderbird

Probably all pre-reg like Kia did with the old Sportage in January.

Back to normal next month.

Probably all pre-reg like Kia did with the old Sportage in January.

Back to normal next month.

Huge backlog of deliveries... MG have sold (on order) their entire allocation of ICE cars till the end of 2022. Can only order BEV now, or get a vehicle in or coming into the country for dealer stock.

MG sales - 3.85% market sales - paul 1963

I'd still rather walk.....

I'd still rather walk.....

Leaves more for others who want them.

I was unhappy with mine at the time.... It was an early one.. but the newer models are better.

Just like the ssangyong they are improving and people are voting with their wallets.

MG sales - 3.85% market sales - RT

Didn't they do well?

It's just a big proportion of their annual allocation registered in one month - don't expect it to continue.

MG sales - 3.85% market sales - lucklesspedestrian

There's a significant backlog of customers still waiting for deliveries from vehicles ordered in Nov/Dec last year, myself included. Word from the MG dealers is that there are large shipments of cars due in May and June so I would suspect a lot more registrations for a couple of months at least. Then, as has already been said, no more petrols, so the numbers will tail off during the summer I would imagine.

MG sales - 3.85% market sales - John F

Didn't they do well?

Yes. That's just a few more than the total production run of the dreadful MGC, which if it had been given a decent engine should have been huge international success, but which presaged the downfall of a once respected marque.

Didn't they do well?

Yes. That's just a few more than the total production run of the dreadful MGC, which if it had been given a decent engine should have been huge international success, but which presaged the downfall of a once respected marque.

UK sales only...

John, do you think that the Chinese ( and others) will stop there.

For now, there are some very good budget brands, (Dacia.. not my personal cup of tea, but plenty of others like them)

A European equivalent of the Korando is at leat £10.000 more.

How much is your Pug now.

I am not saying who i right or wrong but to sell them, the "budget" makers are doing something right.

MG sales - 3.85% market sales - sammy1

Some people are refusing to buy products from countries with poor human rights records. China being one. It is worth noting that Tesla is making a lot of its cars here so one can only conclude as usual that money talks I do not like the way China is getting its feelers into many countries around the world including the UK. At the moment China has taken over a Microchip company in South Wales and GOV are dragging its heels with an enquiry as to the validation It will be too late if the world wakes up to the fact that China will soon have a stranglehold on trade if not already. I wonder who will have first pick of the chips coming out of Wales

MG sales - 3.85% market sales - Metropolis.
A major problem with MG (imo) is that they are actually owned by the red chinese government itself. No thanks. Its one thing being from a particular place, but to be owned by the perpetrators is another level.
MG sales - 3.85% market sales - Terry W

Given component shortages at the moment it is unclear whether the car sales leaders are there because of product desirability, or simply because they managed to get their supply chain together.

If s/h Ladas were the only transport in the showroom, they would top the sales charts!!

MG sales - 3.85% market sales - badbusdriver

That's just a few more than the total production run of the dreadful MGC, which if it had been given a decent engine should have been huge international success, but which presaged the downfall of a once respected marque.

While the MGC was a flawed beast, it is interesting to note that prices for used ones are not far off the V8 now.

Articles I have read about them in classic car magazines over the last decade or so, very much suggest that the MGC is now generally thought of in a much more positive light. To the point that if you are more inclined towards cruising than tearing up twisty roads, the MGC could be a more discerning choice than the V8.

MG sales - 3.85% market sales - John F

Didn't they do well?

Yes. That's just a few more than the total production run of the dreadful MGC, which if it had been given a decent engine should have been huge international success.....

How much is your Pug now.

An astonishing amount!!

www.robinsandday.co.uk/peugeot/new/model/6366/2008...0

The main difference is EAT8 rather than EAT6 and a new body. Can't see it justifies a price hike of over £10,000 in less than two and a half years. Ours cost exactly £17k, including a year's VED and about half a tank of petrol, the most I have ever paid for a car in my life! It seems good quality and I expect it to last at least as long as our (t)rusty hard working and latterly neglected Focus estate, which sadly has just failed its MoT in its 22nd year and 161k mile of life. I think it will soon be on its way to a scrap yard. At least I have won the cambelt gamble - it and its tension pulley have truly lasted the life of the car, just as it was designed to do, and my son got two and a half years and 20,000 miles of 'free' motoring!

MG sales - 3.85% market sales - daveyK_UK
Local taxi driver now has an MG5 estate electric, he likes the range and the boot size.

He previously had Skoda after Skoda but decided to change to MG due to the better package and the positive experience of another taxi driver with an MG5

Skoda have lost the budget market and the taxi trade in the past 5 years, I hope they can get enough sales in the crowded middle market.