What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - High frequency noise remanufactured alternator - JB0702
Hi,

I have purchased a remanufactured alternator for my fiesta. I just got the alternator and I realised that when I turn the pully, it’s making really high pitch noise. The noise is not loud but I can tell it is definitely there. I asked my dad and he said he can’t hear but my siblings saying that they can hear it.
Is it normal to hear a whiny high pitch noise? It is coming from both directions although anti clock wise is not as loud as clock wise. All parts in the alternator looks intact and good.
I have recorded the noise and here is a link.

youtube.com/shorts/H3Z5wwYSAYo?feature=share

youtube.com/shorts/Xqr_oxvEUOw?feature=share
Ford Fiesta - High frequency noise remanufactured alternator - bathtub tom

I can't open those links. Something fishy about them?

I'd suggest it's new brushes bedding in, but how much did you pay for the alternator, cheapo?

Ford Fiesta - High frequency noise remanufactured alternator - elekie&a/c doctor

Difficult to tell off the car . I would fit it to the engine and see what its like under load. Its probably makes a different noise in each direction ,as the cooling fan is rotating the opposite way.

Difficult to tell off the car . I would fit it to the engine and see what its like under load. Its probably makes a different noise in each direction ,as the cooling fan is rotating the opposite way.

Okay I will put it in a car and see how it plays. It makes the same noise when I turn it with my hand but I guess it might be different with actual engine load. Thank you :)

I can't open those links. Something fishy about them?

I'd suggest it's new brushes bedding in, but how much did you pay for the alternator, cheapo?

The link opens my YouTube app. Maybe it only works with mobile? I paid about £75 for it, I will install it in a car and see how it goes.

Edited by JB0702 on 02/04/2022 at 20:24