What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Accord - How easy is it to change the colour of an interior - Turkish_Emperor

Having owned my Honda Accord for 12 years, it's time to start thinking about getting another one :)

I've seen some good ones on sale, but I cannot accept one with their ugly outdated yellow leather interior (I just want it black and those are getting so rare/unsuitable).

How hard/easy is it to change the colour of a car's interior?

Anybody done this? Any advice ? There just aren't that many black interior Honda's left around for me to consider.

Honda Accord - How easy is it to change the colour of an interior - Xileno

You would need some sort of leather dye - and plenty of it. A lot of hassle and possibly an insurance notification? I think I would be looking for a different car that offers similar qualities and the interior you want.

Honda Accord - How easy is it to change the colour of an interior - focussed

Professionals changing the colour of a leather chair.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycZhJTSrKJ0

Do you really want to go through with all that?

Get the right colour seats that you want from a scrapper?

A set of zip - on seat covers?

Or change the car.

Edited by focussed on 03/02/2022 at 23:15

Honda Accord - How easy is it to change the colour of an interior - Andrew-T

Converting a light colour to black should be feasible, but best left to a professional trimmer IMHO. Seats are one thing, but presumably you would want to do the door cards etc. as well ? And what about the carpets ? The result is quite likely to look odd if you don't think it through fully. And the result may not find many eager buyers when you come to sell.

Getting a set of seats from a scrap car will always have the problem of a well-used driver seat, so if you are hoping for a showroom result, think carefully.

Honda Accord - How easy is it to change the colour of an interior - Turkish_Emperor

Thanks all for your advice.

I've had my Honda Accord for 12 years, I love these cars, they do exactly what I want and need, are comfortable and easy to maintain. So I'm really not looking for an alternative make/model.

Unfortunately, these are getting rarer, and there's not a lot of choice around, so when I find something that ticks all the boxes, only to be let down by that hideous, dated mustard/yellow leather interior and trim, that's why I asked the question (otherwise, of course I'd just get one with the right colour trim to begin with).

Seen a few YouTube videos since my post. The seat and leather seem fine to do (and is possible). The plastic trim parts is where the difficulty lies. I might have to can this idea..... (or do it over a number of years, as I would be looking to hold onto this car for a lengthy period).

Honda Accord - How easy is it to change the colour of an interior - elekie&a/c doctor
You mention that you’ve had the car 12 years , but how old is it ? Honda introduced this model in the 70s .

Honda Accord - How easy is it to change the colour of an interior - elekie&a/c doctor
If it’s in good order , I’d keep it going . They don’t make them like this anymore.
Honda Accord - How easy is it to change the colour of an interior - sammy1

Cannot be worth much Have you considered swopping the 2002 interior to a newer model and the reverse. A lot of effort I know but for the right car?

I'm not looking to change my existing car's interior colour ......