What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
BMW reliability again - privateinvestor

www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/357232/bmw-police-car-en...s

Interesting article.

BMW reliability again - badbusdriver

www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/357232/bmw-police-car-en...s

Interesting article.

Nevertheless I`m sure it could have been posted on your other thread.

BMW reliability again - Xileno

People can discuss here for now and I will merge the threads later today. Then if someone in the future is doing a search they will find all the discussion in one place.

BMW reliability again - Metropolis.
Any article detrimental to BMW deserves its own thread in my view.
BMW reliability again - SLO76
“ BMW hasn’t revealed the exact nature of the problem, but claims that it’s only an issue for the police due to the way in which forces operate their vehicles and should therefore not be of concern to most consumers.”

In other words, don’t drive your poor quality, hugely expensive, high performance BMW fast or it’ll break.
BMW reliability again - galileo
“ BMW hasn’t revealed the exact nature of the problem, but claims that it’s only an issue for the police due to the way in which forces operate their vehicles and should therefore not be of concern to most consumers.” In other words, don’t drive your poor quality, hugely expensive, high performance BMW fast or it’ll break.

I read that BMW located exhaust and turbos in the V of V8 engines, which led to overheating of the heads/seals and nearby electronic components when driven at very high speeds (as in police chases).

Another design wheeze to squeeze more power/economy with unintended consequences.

BMW reliability again - pd

The N57 is a straight 6 engine so I very much doubt it is due to location of anything in the V.

I'm not convinced there is anything there for a normal user to worry about. The N57 has been around for 14 years so hardly new and I think if they'd been exploding all the time we'd have heard by now.

BMW reliability again - Xileno

The first comment in the article claims it's the EGR,